Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Anyone in the DE/PA area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
We are looking at moving to the DE/PA area soon. I'll be up in the area this weekend checking out things.

I might be working in Philly and the wife closer to Wilmington.

Any nice areas to look at between the two?

Cheers
mistro
Between Philadelphia and Wilmington is Centerville in DE. Chateau country big $$$. Better alternative is Chadds Ford, PA use to be horse country when I lived there. Growing up fast but still I think a heck of a value imho. Good luck. Say hello to the ex wife!
Joe.D
Philly's a pretty big place - can you be a bit more specific?

Nice places north of Wilmington, along the DE/PA border - Hockesing DE, Chadds Ford, up thorough West Chester PA. Some towns in Delaware county, not too far from I-95 would be Walingford, and Media, which is the county seat, and nice town. Do you want "small town", suburban development, or formerly rural environment?

Joe
Eric_Shea
I'd echo Wallingford, Media, Brandywine and Chadds Ford areas... right on the ole border and in the middle of what you both would be doing. I believe it's 322 that runs through Chadds Ford and hits 95 around Wilmington.
JerryP
All good suggestions. As stated, It depends alot on what you are looking for and what price range you want. You can find pretty much all types of living in the area with access to both cities. I live pretty much right between Philly and Delaware. I've appraised about 5,000 homes over the last 12 years in the exact area you are talking about. If you need any info, let me know. I have access to pretty much all the open market data and Multiple Listing Service stuff as well as a large database of builder specs and development info. If you are in the area, you can come to my office and browse all you want with no pressure. I don't sell, just appraise. Good luck. We need more teeners out this way.

Jerry
piombinoassociates@comcast.net
Kerrys914
Thanks guys...

I maybe working in Philly and the wife in Wilmington, De area so between the two would be great smile.gif We are looking for a nice are that we can take a walk at night without have shots taken at us ar15.gif ar15.gif smile.gif

Jerry you have mail smile.gif
vortrex
QUOTE(Va914 @ May 11 2004, 06:33 AM)
We are looking for a nice are that we can take a walk at night without have shots taken at us ar15.gif ar15.gif smile.gif

better cross philly off your list!

my coworker lives in media and he likes it a lot, seems to be in between a lot. you are also close to the airport there. philly is very large and sprawling, do you know what area you'd be working in? you can have a huge difference in your commute depending on where in philly you need to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.