Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voltage regulator alternative, will a bus regulator work?
DrifterJay
post May 11 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #1

I break stuff...

Group: Members
Member No.: 737
Region Association: None

pretty sure it wont plug in....but if it has the same amount of plugs prongs...can I just wire it to the base of the relay board to make it work? I have been meaning to pick one up from a fellow club member...just have had no time...I have access to a bus one and various other vw ones...anyone know of any of them that work? I know I am dreaming when I ask this...but do you think a local flaps would have one also?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skline
post May 11 2004, 11:46 PM
Post #2

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I would think that you may find one at the local parts store. I know there is a place here in Costa Mesa that seems to always have the parts I need for these things. If you are out and about, I know I have one or two of them here in the garage you are more than welcome to have.
+Quote Post
DrifterJay
post May 11 2004, 11:48 PM
Post #3

I break stuff...

Member No.: 737
Region Association: None

hmmm well see....been planning on coming up there sometime in the next few weeks to lend you a hand...just things keep coming up...might swing by for a couple hours the following weekend if you want....Acox914 wanted me to pick up some rotors from you too...
+Quote Post
Rouser
post May 12 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Anti-Post Whore

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 54

Go to your local FLAPS and ask for a Borg-Warner Voltage Regulator, Part # R588.

It's a VW-type, electronic, sealed VR and it plugs right in. A lot smaller than the original, and it'll fasten to the hotplate in the usual fashion.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 04:14 AM