Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voltage regulator alternative
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
pretty sure it wont plug in....but if it has the same amount of plugs prongs...can I just wire it to the base of the relay board to make it work? I have been meaning to pick one up from a fellow club member...just have had no time...I have access to a bus one and various other vw ones...anyone know of any of them that work? I know I am dreaming when I ask this...but do you think a local flaps would have one also?
skline
I would think that you may find one at the local parts store. I know there is a place here in Costa Mesa that seems to always have the parts I need for these things. If you are out and about, I know I have one or two of them here in the garage you are more than welcome to have.
DrifterJay
hmmm well see....been planning on coming up there sometime in the next few weeks to lend you a hand...just things keep coming up...might swing by for a couple hours the following weekend if you want....Acox914 wanted me to pick up some rotors from you too...
Rouser
Go to your local FLAPS and ask for a Borg-Warner Voltage Regulator, Part # R588.

It's a VW-type, electronic, sealed VR and it plugs right in. A lot smaller than the original, and it'll fasten to the hotplate in the usual fashion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.