Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Event brochure
Jeroen
post May 12 2004, 08:31 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Ok, next task (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The event brochure...
Jeff already mentioned it in one of the other threads

How about you send me all the stuff / info / what ever and I do the layout
(or post it here)
I can send back a file that can be printed xx number of times?

What size of paper should I work with (US sizes are different from european sizes)?
Legal? Letter? Sumptin' else?

Color or B/W?

cheers,

Jeroen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 13 2004, 05:32 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Thanks for asking Jeroen.

I have been working on it and have bits and pieces of it already.

It will have a cover, brief attendee / car number assignment list, event scheduling details, several pages of maps, sponsor items, the awards voting page, the City Porsche location info sheet, maybe the tech quiz answer sheet and maybe more. Whats else needs to be in it? These will be a variety of different files, drawings and photocopies. What I could use help with is what you guys do best.

We need a good-looking cover. Maybe a good artsy photo of 914 details or...? I would really like to have it printed in color if the budget is available, if not it will be in a grey scale, on card stock. A small WCC 2004 logo with the dates, like the shirt artwork should be discretely on it too. I think it should be so good quality, that it could potentially be a poster. I would have liked to have had a WCC 2004 poster for the goodie bags and event promotions, but that will have to wait for next year. I hope that we can make the award winning photo from the event into a poster for distribution after the WCC 2004.

The second thing we need created is a page or two in the brochure with sponsor logos and contact information. The sponsors may send flyers to insert into the brochure, but I thought it would be good to have a place where they are all listed as a group with some uniformity of grapchic style. What if we just include the sponsor logo art from the back side of the T-Shirt? We can add another sheet with specific contact info.

Both of these would need to be in a format where they could just be printed onto letter-sized (8.5"x11") paper and included in the brochure.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 13 2004, 07:04 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Jeff,

Collect as much stuff that you'd like to be in the brochure as possible
Don't worry about the layout, just as long as I don't have to write anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The way you did with the info for the reg.forms and the website info worked perfectly!

We'll add a couple of pages for the sponsors. I'm thinking of putting their logo on it and their contact info next to that.

I think the brochures / flyers / whatever the sponsors may send us can best be added to the goodie bags as loose items

If you have any photo's or pictures you'd like to include send those as well (preferably seperate)

Send it when ever you think you're ready (or close to that) gathering info and we'll fill in the blanks as we go from there

Once finished, I'll send it to you as a .pdf and you can print it and have it copied or printed

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 09:22 PM