Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Other WCC
theol00
post May 12 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #21

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,586

Patrick - it really is cool - you should check out the Wine Country Classics or the Monterey Historics - they have somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 - 400 vintage race cars of all flavours and classes there - from little Abarths, Cobras, Ferraries, Porsches, CAN AM and TransAM and even F1 cars lots of fun to watch and to race in - If I get a chance to come, I'll look you up at the WCC and we can do some bench racing - cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
theol00
post May 12 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #22

here is some more info

Jaguar Wine Country Classic , June 5-6
Historical Riverside Raceway Celebrated at Jaguar Wine Country Classic Vintage Car Races

Tuesday, May 4, 2004
Historical Riverside International Raceway put world-class motor racing on the map in the western United States when it opened its gates for the first time on Sept. 21, 1957, in Southern California. For the next 31 years, the track built memories that will last a lifetime with such stars as Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Parnelli Jones and Carroll Shelby.

The raceway closed its gates for good in 1988, but for one weekend, memories will come alive as Infineon Raceway celebrates the famous raceway with the Riverside Reunion, which will serve as the theme for the Jaguar Wine Country Classic Vintage Car Races, presented by Bank of the West, June 5-6. Riverside featured the best in motor racing, whether it was Formula 1, Can-Am, Formula 5000, Indy Car or NASCAR, and that tradition will be honored at Infineon Raceway.

The Riverside Reunion will highlight another great weekend of vintage car racing on the 12-turn, 2.52-mile road course.

It will be a true celebration of some of the most infamous cars to ever take to the track, with more than 350 entries expected for the weekend. Highlighted machines will include cars from Ferrari, Bugatti, Lotus, Corvette and Jaguar. Competition will take place in nine racing groups, with competitive cars dating all the way back to 1914.

Enthusiasts can get an up-close look at these beautifully-maintained machines while enjoying a stroll through the open paddock and chatting with drivers. A variety of car corrals will also be featured throughout the facility, including areas for Porsche, Dodge Viper, Mercedes, Corvette, Shelby Cobra and Jaguar.
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post May 12 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 506

I'll own a Jaguar one day.

As the old joke goes, The brit's drink their beer warm because Lucas makes refrigerators.
+Quote Post
theol00
post May 12 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #24

George Lucas - the Prince of Darkness
+Quote Post
PatW
post May 12 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #25

Wassup?

Member No.: 317
Region Association: Northern California

My Dad had a 64 E-type when I was growing up.. I spent many a summer waxing it. I loved that car.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 08:14 AM