Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Deceleration valve
Montreal914
post Apr 18 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

Hello everyone,

I recently started to tacle my high idle issue (stock 2.0 FI). I have read many of the posts about the vacuum line and idle.

I did replace all vacuum hoses with the AA kit, which I thought was very nice. I know things are properly connected but my idle is still close to 1500rpm. I disconnected the vacuum line going to the deceleration valve at the air filter end, plugged it, and the idle came down to 1000.

The deceleration valve is properly connected with the side port going to the air filter.

Is the valve supposed to partially open when idling or is it supposed to be completely closed?

Thank you for your input
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 6)
Dave_Darling
post Apr 18 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Completely closed at idle. Sounds like it's stuck open or at least leaking.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Strudelwagon
post Apr 18 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,633
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Apr 18 2011, 08:45 PM) *

Hello everyone,

I recently started to tacle my high idle issue (stock 2.0 FI). I have read many of the posts about the vacuum line and idle.

I did replace all vacuum hoses with the AA kit, which I thought was very nice. I know things are properly connected but my idle is still close to 1500rpm. I disconnected the vacuum line going to the deceleration valve at the air filter end, plugged it, and the idle came down to 1000.

The deceleration valve is properly connected with the side port going to the air filter.

Is the valve supposed to partially open when idling or is it supposed to be completely closed?

Thank you for your input

Check out this site. It has a great section on the decel valve (scroll down to the dottom)
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
SW
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Apr 18 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #4

OK, That is what I thought.

Is there a way to check inside or repair thoses? From what I have read in other post I don't think it is possible but I ask.

What should I expect to pay for a used one? I know some people run without them and it is for smog purpose but I like to think that if Porsche put it there, I would like to keep it.

Thank you for the answer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your input

+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Apr 18 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #5

Thank you, I will read carefully (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Apr 18 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your input

Check out this site. It has a great section on the decel valve (scroll down to the dottom)
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
SW

+Quote Post
blitZ
post Apr 19 2011, 07:25 AM
Post #6

Beer please...

Member No.: 4,719
Region Association: South East States

I removed my deceleration valve several years ago and have not missed it.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Apr 19 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #7

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

If the Deaccel valve is adjusted too low, it will not close up when returning to idle.

You can test the valve by putting a vacuum pump on the sense (small) hose and pumping it down to see where the valve opens up. The vacuum pump I have is one that is sold for vacuum brake bleeding. Never used it for bleeding brake but did use it a lot for FI component testing.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 10:38 AM