Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deceleration valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
Hello everyone,

I recently started to tacle my high idle issue (stock 2.0 FI). I have read many of the posts about the vacuum line and idle.

I did replace all vacuum hoses with the AA kit, which I thought was very nice. I know things are properly connected but my idle is still close to 1500rpm. I disconnected the vacuum line going to the deceleration valve at the air filter end, plugged it, and the idle came down to 1000.

The deceleration valve is properly connected with the side port going to the air filter.

Is the valve supposed to partially open when idling or is it supposed to be completely closed?

Thank you for your input
Dave_Darling
Completely closed at idle. Sounds like it's stuck open or at least leaking.

--DD
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Apr 18 2011, 08:45 PM) *

Hello everyone,

I recently started to tacle my high idle issue (stock 2.0 FI). I have read many of the posts about the vacuum line and idle.

I did replace all vacuum hoses with the AA kit, which I thought was very nice. I know things are properly connected but my idle is still close to 1500rpm. I disconnected the vacuum line going to the deceleration valve at the air filter end, plugged it, and the idle came down to 1000.

The deceleration valve is properly connected with the side port going to the air filter.

Is the valve supposed to partially open when idling or is it supposed to be completely closed?

Thank you for your input

Check out this site. It has a great section on the decel valve (scroll down to the dottom)
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
SW
Montreal914
OK, That is what I thought.

Is there a way to check inside or repair thoses? From what I have read in other post I don't think it is possible but I ask.

What should I expect to pay for a used one? I know some people run without them and it is for smog purpose but I like to think that if Porsche put it there, I would like to keep it.

Thank you for the answer smile.gif

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your input

Montreal914
Thank you, I will read carefully smile.gif

QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Apr 18 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your input

Check out this site. It has a great section on the decel valve (scroll down to the dottom)
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
SW

blitZ
I removed my deceleration valve several years ago and have not missed it.
Spoke
If the Deaccel valve is adjusted too low, it will not close up when returning to idle.

You can test the valve by putting a vacuum pump on the sense (small) hose and pumping it down to see where the valve opens up. The vacuum pump I have is one that is sold for vacuum brake bleeding. Never used it for bleeding brake but did use it a lot for FI component testing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.