Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do your visors ever fall down?, Too many pics for a simpleton fix
76-914
post Apr 18 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

This is not where your visor belongs but it is where I threw mine when it would come off:

Attached Image

This is cheap, simple and takes <20mins start to finish. I used a 1/16" bit and drilled thru the outer visor clip with the plastic pin in place. Be sure the pin is pushed completely into the post before drilling. Drill at an upward angle. NOTE: the center post will be drilled at a downward angle and the nail will be pushed in from the front, instead of the back.

Attached Image

Here is the nail pushed thru the hole from the back side with the head on the "top" so it will not fall thru. The nail will not slide or work it's way out at this angle.

Attached Image

At this point I cut the end off the nail w/ side cutters then remove the nail and file it down enough to fit flush then dip the ends in black paint or use a Marks-a-lot (my favorite).

Attached Image
Then re-insert the nail with the plastic pin still in place. Once the nail is in place, slide the visor back onto it's plastic pin. This is actually the psg side and it isn't black, yet.

Attached Image

Now take your needle nose pliers and slide the inner visor pin into the center post, When it is seated in the post drill at a downward angle as shown:

Attached Image

This is a shot looking up at the center post with one nail clipped and the other full length:

Attached Image

When your finished it will never show unless u CC it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) In closing; the size of bit doesn't matter as long as it is small and the nail you will be using fits the hole tightly. I picked the nail first and used a bit that was correct for that size nail. I suppose you could use a paper clip piece and a #60 bit if you wanted it to be tiny. Any angle works. The more accute the angle, the more difficult the job. Be sure the plastic pin is seated and that you drill at a halfway point. Since I've done this I no longer over tighten the ever living dog shit out of my visors, hoping that they will stay in place. With the pins properly seated and staked the visors cannot slide off. Now they are just snug enough to operate smoothly.

Attached Image

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 10:38 AM