Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: San Luis Obispo, What are the best towns around...
Red-Beard
post May 12 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #1

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 288
Region Association: None

Hmmmm. Possible job offer not far from Buttonwillow....

Most of the other Executives live around the Santa Margarita, San Luis Obispo area. I can't tell which towns/neighborhoods are good and bad.

Anyone know? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rezron
post May 12 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

San Luis Obispo- you'd be near GPR!!
I stopped by there last year during a one week,
5000 mile quest for a good, rust free 914! Drove all
over CA and finally trailered one back from the San Diego area- long, fun trip!!!

rezron
+Quote Post
bondo
post May 12 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #3

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

Los Osos is nice, that's where I live. It's nice year round, and even cool in the summer (fog is my best friend) and not too touristy. Atascadero, Paso Robles, Templeton, etc are too hot for me (100s in the summer) and Santa Maria is too far inland and too far from anyplace else. San Luis Obispo is too expensive to live in, unless you're rich. Morro bay and pismo are both kinda touristy, which is fine if you're into that sort of thing. That's my version of the central coast in a nutshell.

Oh, one more important thing: Anywhere in San Luis Obispo county you are only allowed to store two cars outside and they have to be out of sight (cars that are used regularly don't apply) This is a problem that just recently bit me in the ass.

--Royce
+Quote Post
markb
post May 13 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #4

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Santa Margarita, Templeton, Paso Robles, & Atascadero all basically have the same weather, hot in summer, cold in winter (both to the extremes). Those are the only really affordable places to live, unless you're making megabucks. As Bondo said, the coastal are all tourist trappy types. If you're near Buttonwillow, you might even thinkabout San Miguel. You may want to think about whether you want to be driving back & forth across the Cuesta Grade. It gets old really fast.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 11:15 AM