Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: San Luis Obispo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
Hmmmm. Possible job offer not far from Buttonwillow....

Most of the other Executives live around the Santa Margarita, San Luis Obispo area. I can't tell which towns/neighborhoods are good and bad.

Anyone know? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
rezron
San Luis Obispo- you'd be near GPR!!
I stopped by there last year during a one week,
5000 mile quest for a good, rust free 914! Drove all
over CA and finally trailered one back from the San Diego area- long, fun trip!!!

rezron
bondo
Los Osos is nice, that's where I live. It's nice year round, and even cool in the summer (fog is my best friend) and not too touristy. Atascadero, Paso Robles, Templeton, etc are too hot for me (100s in the summer) and Santa Maria is too far inland and too far from anyplace else. San Luis Obispo is too expensive to live in, unless you're rich. Morro bay and pismo are both kinda touristy, which is fine if you're into that sort of thing. That's my version of the central coast in a nutshell.

Oh, one more important thing: Anywhere in San Luis Obispo county you are only allowed to store two cars outside and they have to be out of sight (cars that are used regularly don't apply) This is a problem that just recently bit me in the ass.

--Royce
markb
Santa Margarita, Templeton, Paso Robles, & Atascadero all basically have the same weather, hot in summer, cold in winter (both to the extremes). Those are the only really affordable places to live, unless you're making megabucks. As Bondo said, the coastal are all tourist trappy types. If you're near Buttonwillow, you might even thinkabout San Miguel. You may want to think about whether you want to be driving back & forth across the Cuesta Grade. It gets old really fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.