Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> aftermarket ECU question
rfuerst911sc
post Apr 20 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

I have a 1978 3.0 with Weber carbs installed in my 75 GT clone. She runs good but is cold blooded but good throttle response. Engine is stock internally. I just picked up a 3.2 intake setup complete with manifolds,throttle body,fuel rails,injectors and injector harness. So to complete the package I could go after OEM ECU but then I would have to mount the sensors on the transmission. Or I could go aftermarket ECU and just use TPS/MAP. I'm in no rush as this will probably be next winters project. So what aftermarket ECU's do you guys recommend ? I do not want Megasquirt I had a bad experience with that and never again. Also not sure if I want fuel injection only or injection/ignition. I do have a complete EDIS from years ago that could be used. And finally anyone in the Atlanta area that can install/fine tune ? I can install everything but would need help fine tuning. So what suggestions do you have ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:43 AM