Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Selling The 914, Thanks For everything
weird_looking_cactus
post May 13 2004, 10:42 PM
Post #1

Cactus

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,660

Well for the last 4 months I have been fighting my 914 to keep it running. For about 2 months I even drove it with 3 gears 1st 3rd 5th as my daily driver I will never forget that. I now have a new tranny in it fixed my hot start problem and it runs great expect trying to shift into the right gears. Its just not what I was looking for. I never thought I would get rid of this car so soon with all the work I have put into it. I probley would of never got as far with you guys to answer all my questions. So just saying thanks for all the help.

My 914 still has alot of work for it to be a nice condition like the big rust hole under the seat plus rust on the fire wall and in the trunk and on the rocker panel that needs replaced it needs a paint job and lots of other little fix ups plus every targa top seals needs replaced. I found a porsche guy who will give me $2000 for my 914 after seeing everything wrong, and sell me his 1990 miata in excellent condition for $3500 and let me do payments to pay the rest. Im sure once Im older I will pick me another 914 try and figure out how you guys can drive these. Im sure its cause Im a 16 year old kid who wants air condition, power steering, and a shifter that shifts into gears with out me having to think about it. This will be my last post on this forum tell I can find a miata forum. Once again thanks for everything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 13 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

at least you gave it your best shot, most people would have said "screw it" and not even attepted as much as you did......enjoy the Miata, you are not the only 914 nut to go down that path.....
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post May 13 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #3

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

Kris,

Sorry to see you go. We will miss you here. It sounds like you made a good deal to meet your driving needs. I have no doubt you will be back someday. Once these little cars get in your blood, you are hooked for life. Keep the MagLight as a gift. Think of us everytime you use it.

All the best,
JOHN
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 13 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

You put up a good fight Kris. Based on your needs I'd say it's a good move for you. And it sounds like a pretty nice deal also. Good luck man!
+Quote Post
Eric Taylor
post May 13 2004, 11:02 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 770

Kris, sorry to see another teen leave. It's hard to put up with all the crap th 914 throw's at ya. I know i've struggled a lot, but now I'm almost there. A good year in the making!. Oh well come back and visit some time. The Miata will be a fun car, you can still autocross it!.
Eric
+Quote Post
sanglee007
post May 13 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

well...I guess I'll be seeing you on Miata.net...

I've owned my 914 for about 2-3years, and drove it a total of 3minutes (Smog sux!) and well...it was almost worth it.

Of course my daily driver is a 92 miata, so life isn't all bad.

I probably need to sell my 914...but somehow I don't think I'll ever get around to it.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sang 92/Mariner Blue // 76/914
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post May 13 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #7

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Wished I had a 914 when I was 16, then I prolly wouldn't be as hooked as I am (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) you know.. get it outta my system (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I drove a hot rodded Miata a couple years ago and that car was fun. Yer gonna luv it.

Good luck to ya Kris & you can still stop in (but only if ya got pics) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

.........b
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post May 13 2004, 11:49 PM
Post #8

aircraft surgeon

Member No.: 1,797

You gotta really like working on cars to own/maintain a 914 (or at the very least know someone that does (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). I think after you've got out of school, and have a stead income you'll be back

Good Luck Kris, see ya in a few years!

Kevin
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 14 2004, 07:58 AM
Post #9

stoya, stoya, stoya

Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

we're sorry to see you go man, and we hope you'll be back, later in life... in the meantime, enjoy the miata!! they are a load of FUN!!!
+Quote Post
DrifterJay
post May 14 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #10

I break stuff...

Member No.: 737

damn...sounds luxurious...at least his can be driven (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) ....soon....very soon....so I tell myself....good luck with the Miata buddy...one day you will see a 914 on the road and consequently be bitten by the bug....I wish I were as easily swayed as you....I might then be able to afford the 99c chicken tenders at BK....hehe...gl... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
Jeff Bonanno
post May 14 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #11

il dottore

Member No.: 636

Kris,

make sure you send the new owner our way.

jbb
+Quote Post
Joe.D
post May 14 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #12

MCMLXXIII MCCM

Member No.: 830

Been there, done that. Its a fun car, but a bit too small for me.

I found www.miata.net is a good site for miata owners...

Enjoy your Miata!
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post May 14 2004, 11:17 AM
Post #13

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you will now start the process of " THE SEARCH ". For another 914.

It may take years, but you will always be on the lookout for another.

It's like a curse. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

See you in the next one!
+Quote Post
TimB
post May 14 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 1,985

Kris,
Have fun with the Miata. Sounds like it's what you need right now. It must be great to have our own car at age 16.
I bought my first car at age 18 in college - using a student loan! It was a '76 Capri II V6. It was fun when it went, and chicks dug it - tited windows, lowered, wheels, etc. Of course it spent most of it's time looking good in the driveway waiting for me to get the $ or learn how to fix it. Once a head gasket blew and I took the whole thing apart and reuilt it by labeling pieces of masking tape to each part - A goes to A, B goes to B, etc.
I wised up, saved up, and bought a brand new Ford Festiva for $5,300. Not the coolest but it always worked. I had two fine females that always hitched rides from socal to the bay during breaks, and I always had a working car for dates - important in LA. Oh and a classmate suddenly thought the Festiva was cool when his Camaro broke down and he needed to be picked up!
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 14 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #15

stoya, stoya, stoya

Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

when you are in college, a "classic" (like the teener) is just an old car that you have to keep working on... in college you need reliablity, so that it's cheap! even the gas-guzzler I had through most of college was super cheap compared to something I had to fix...
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 14 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #16

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Glad I played a part in the journey. Good luck and hurry back. We need more UT teeners, even if you are 4 hours away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post May 14 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #17

You bought another 914?

Member No.: 865

Just becuase you don't have a teener doesn't mean you have to leave. It's in your blood, you will be back, they always come back ................. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)

Good luck with the Miata....

- Garold
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 09:07 AM