Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Selling The 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
weird_looking_cactus
Well for the last 4 months I have been fighting my 914 to keep it running. For about 2 months I even drove it with 3 gears 1st 3rd 5th as my daily driver I will never forget that. I now have a new tranny in it fixed my hot start problem and it runs great expect trying to shift into the right gears. Its just not what I was looking for. I never thought I would get rid of this car so soon with all the work I have put into it. I probley would of never got as far with you guys to answer all my questions. So just saying thanks for all the help.

My 914 still has alot of work for it to be a nice condition like the big rust hole under the seat plus rust on the fire wall and in the trunk and on the rocker panel that needs replaced it needs a paint job and lots of other little fix ups plus every targa top seals needs replaced. I found a porsche guy who will give me $2000 for my 914 after seeing everything wrong, and sell me his 1990 miata in excellent condition for $3500 and let me do payments to pay the rest. Im sure once Im older I will pick me another 914 try and figure out how you guys can drive these. Im sure its cause Im a 16 year old kid who wants air condition, power steering, and a shifter that shifts into gears with out me having to think about it. This will be my last post on this forum tell I can find a miata forum. Once again thanks for everything. smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
at least you gave it your best shot, most people would have said "screw it" and not even attepted as much as you did......enjoy the Miata, you are not the only 914 nut to go down that path.....
VegasRacer
Kris,

Sorry to see you go. We will miss you here. It sounds like you made a good deal to meet your driving needs. I have no doubt you will be back someday. Once these little cars get in your blood, you are hooked for life. Keep the MagLight as a gift. Think of us everytime you use it.

All the best,
JOHN
Gint
You put up a good fight Kris. Based on your needs I'd say it's a good move for you. And it sounds like a pretty nice deal also. Good luck man!
Eric Taylor
Kris, sorry to see another teen leave. It's hard to put up with all the crap th 914 throw's at ya. I know i've struggled a lot, but now I'm almost there. A good year in the making!. Oh well come back and visit some time. The Miata will be a fun car, you can still autocross it!.
Eric
sanglee007
well...I guess I'll be seeing you on Miata.net...

I've owned my 914 for about 2-3years, and drove it a total of 3minutes (Smog sux!) and well...it was almost worth it.

Of course my daily driver is a 92 miata, so life isn't all bad.

I probably need to sell my 914...but somehow I don't think I'll ever get around to it.... smile.gif

Sang 92/Mariner Blue // 76/914
Bruce Allert
Wished I had a 914 when I was 16, then I prolly wouldn't be as hooked as I am rolleyes.gif you know.. get it outta my system bs.gif laugh.gif

I drove a hot rodded Miata a couple years ago and that car was fun. Yer gonna luv it.

Good luck to ya Kris & you can still stop in (but only if ya got pics) beer.gif

.........b
SpecialK
You gotta really like working on cars to own/maintain a 914 (or at the very least know someone that does wink.gif ). I think after you've got out of school, and have a stead income you'll be back

Good Luck Kris, see ya in a few years!

Kevin
tat2dphreak
we're sorry to see you go man, and we hope you'll be back, later in life... in the meantime, enjoy the miata!! they are a load of FUN!!!
DrifterJay
damn...sounds luxurious...at least his can be driven mad.gif ....soon....very soon....so I tell myself....good luck with the Miata buddy...one day you will see a 914 on the road and consequently be bitten by the bug....I wish I were as easily swayed as you....I might then be able to afford the 99c chicken tenders at BK....hehe...gl... cool.gif
Jeff Bonanno
Kris,

make sure you send the new owner our way.

jbb
Joe.D
Been there, done that. Its a fun car, but a bit too small for me.

I found www.miata.net is a good site for miata owners...

Enjoy your Miata!
Trekkor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you will now start the process of " THE SEARCH ". For another 914.

It may take years, but you will always be on the lookout for another.

It's like a curse. ohmy.gif

See you in the next one!
TimB
Kris,
Have fun with the Miata. Sounds like it's what you need right now. It must be great to have our own car at age 16.
I bought my first car at age 18 in college - using a student loan! It was a '76 Capri II V6. It was fun when it went, and chicks dug it - tited windows, lowered, wheels, etc. Of course it spent most of it's time looking good in the driveway waiting for me to get the $ or learn how to fix it. Once a head gasket blew and I took the whole thing apart and reuilt it by labeling pieces of masking tape to each part - A goes to A, B goes to B, etc.
I wised up, saved up, and bought a brand new Ford Festiva for $5,300. Not the coolest but it always worked. I had two fine females that always hitched rides from socal to the bay during breaks, and I always had a working car for dates - important in LA. Oh and a classmate suddenly thought the Festiva was cool when his Camaro broke down and he needed to be picked up!
tat2dphreak
when you are in college, a "classic" (like the teener) is just an old car that you have to keep working on... in college you need reliablity, so that it's cheap! even the gas-guzzler I had through most of college was super cheap compared to something I had to fix...
Eric_Shea
Glad I played a part in the journey. Good luck and hurry back. We need more UT teeners, even if you are 4 hours away cool_shades.gif
GaroldShaffer
Just becuase you don't have a teener doesn't mean you have to leave. It's in your blood, you will be back, they always come back ................. ph34r.gif devil.gif assimilate.gif

Good luck with the Miata....

- Garold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.