Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Still Can't Believe It, the difference between a 1.7 & a 2.0
Bruce Allert
post May 13 2004, 11:35 PM
Post #1

Hellions asleep

Group: Members
Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Finished up changing out the clutch, pressure plate & fly wheel today & went for a drive. I was amazed with the power difference of the 2.0 when the clutch was slipping. Now, with a good clutch & no slippage, this thing has zoom-zoom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)

Also, it winds up faster like I have lower gears. To get up to 4K between shifts with the 1.7 (compared to the 2.0) took much longer... I mean Much Longer! The 1.7 ran good but now I know, once you've had a 2.0 there's no going back (to a stock 1.7). Still gotta do some checking on the shift linkage cuz it doesn't shift like it did when I first installed the 2.0. Felt funny when I put it together like the screws weren't in properly when I did the connection to the firewall & tranny. But, at least I drove it today & will do so tomorrow before leaving it for 2 weeks to sit in its dark shop (sniff) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Just wanted to share my good luck in obtaining this engine from Craig. Neither of us knew if it was gonna run after a 7 year sleep.

..........b
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 13 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

yupp, been there many times. always tell myself that my tired 1.8L isn't so bad afterall.
then i get to ride in yet another 2.0L ...

200ccm makes a BIG difference ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 06:09 AM