Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still Can't Believe It
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Finished up changing out the clutch, pressure plate & fly wheel today & went for a drive. I was amazed with the power difference of the 2.0 when the clutch was slipping. Now, with a good clutch & no slippage, this thing has zoom-zoom burnout.gif

Also, it winds up faster like I have lower gears. To get up to 4K between shifts with the 1.7 (compared to the 2.0) took much longer... I mean Much Longer! The 1.7 ran good but now I know, once you've had a 2.0 there's no going back (to a stock 1.7). Still gotta do some checking on the shift linkage cuz it doesn't shift like it did when I first installed the 2.0. Felt funny when I put it together like the screws weren't in properly when I did the connection to the firewall & tranny. But, at least I drove it today & will do so tomorrow before leaving it for 2 weeks to sit in its dark shop (sniff) rolleyes.gif

Just wanted to share my good luck in obtaining this engine from Craig. Neither of us knew if it was gonna run after a 7 year sleep.

..........b
SirAndy
yupp, been there many times. always tell myself that my tired 1.8L isn't so bad afterall.
then i get to ride in yet another 2.0L ...

200ccm makes a BIG difference ...
driving.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.