Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Electrical Problem
klink
post May 14 2004, 09:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,927

OK, hopefully someone has had this problem before. Not a big problem but annoying. When I start the car the turn signal indicators glow. Both of them. Solid at first and then pulsating. After the car warms up it quits. Charges at 13.2 to 13.5 volts. No problem starting the car or keeping the battery charged. Probably just a 30 year old wiring harness problem but I thought maybe some of you may have run into this before. We are putting a 2.2L six in soon with a new alternator and I will probably need to put a new regulator in to match so maybe this will take care of the problem. Any Ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skline
post May 14 2004, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I have run into that before, I just dont recall what it was off hand. Dave Darling told me how to resolve it. I think it was a fuse or a ground. It was something easy to fix.
+Quote Post
94teener
post May 14 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,636

A shot in the dark, clean the contact surfaces of fuse S9. If that doesn't fix it, my guess
is the flasher relay itself. It would be great if you had a spare flasher relay.

Good luck,
Phil
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 04:58 AM