Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> porsche legacy in my midst, porsche legacy
Jeff Bonanno
post May 15 2004, 03:24 AM
Post #1

il dottore

Group: Members
Member No.: 636

while at snowbird for a conference recently, i encountered a former colleague of mine. he is (quite) german and we got to talking porsche (i was wearing my lovely tan club hat). he informed me that his father was one of the engineers for Bosch on development of the Djet (schwartz is the name - brad anders, have you seen this name on the patents?). woah. my excitment was visable and (after buying him several beers) he told me that while we were at Rockefeller University (in NYC; he as a postdoc, me as an asst prof) another porsche legacy was a student there - the grandson of ferdinand piech. wow. i was dumbfounded.

i must follow up with him - perhaps his father's basement is filled with an elusive stash of oem MPS diaphragms...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

jbb
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
davep
post May 15 2004, 08:00 AM
Post #2

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

That is interesting. It would be good to follow it up. Even if all we find out is how to make the diaphragms. Like what copper alloy it is.

DaveP
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 08:33 PM