Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: porsche legacy in my midst
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeff Bonanno
while at snowbird for a conference recently, i encountered a former colleague of mine. he is (quite) german and we got to talking porsche (i was wearing my lovely tan club hat). he informed me that his father was one of the engineers for Bosch on development of the Djet (schwartz is the name - brad anders, have you seen this name on the patents?). woah. my excitment was visable and (after buying him several beers) he told me that while we were at Rockefeller University (in NYC; he as a postdoc, me as an asst prof) another porsche legacy was a student there - the grandson of ferdinand piech. wow. i was dumbfounded.

i must follow up with him - perhaps his father's basement is filled with an elusive stash of oem MPS diaphragms...

beer.gif

jbb
davep
That is interesting. It would be good to follow it up. Even if all we find out is how to make the diaphragms. Like what copper alloy it is.

DaveP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.