Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> teener daily driver, who does it?
lets see who drives 'm and how ofter
lets see who drives 'm and how ofter
yes, 7 days [ 53 ] ** [33.33%]
few times/week [ 47 ] ** [29.56%]
weekend only [ 27 ] ** [16.98%]
auto-x only [ 3 ] ** [1.89%]
race only [ 4 ] ** [2.52%]
on jackstands only [ 25 ] ** [15.72%]
Total Votes: 159
Guests cannot vote 
markb
post May 19 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #21

914less :(

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

3 to 4 days a week. Minor glitches from time to time, but really reliable. Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rgreen914
post May 19 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,266

I drive our teener every couple of weeks...from the mother-in-law's (where it stays) to my garage, to work on it. Between the wife and me we have three other cars, all of them automatics with A/C and only a two-car garage. Still, I always enjoy driving the teener and sometimes even enjoy indulging the "money pit" aspect of upkeep/modification/restoration!
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post May 19 2004, 06:21 AM
Post #23

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Check the sig under my avatar. I'ts been that way for 31 years. Lets see ya top that!!!!!!

Special K, That is one ugly dog (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 19 2004, 08:12 AM
Post #24

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

If I ever finish it(make it road worthy, I may drive it 50% of the time
+Quote Post
balljoint
post May 19 2004, 08:55 AM
Post #25

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897
Region Association: None

One day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I will drive mine to and from work in the summer, and in the twisty country roads on weekends. No winter driving for non-galvanized steel vehicles in this part of the world. Too much salt on the roads.
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post May 19 2004, 09:08 AM
Post #26

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

I drive it when the weather is good. Very rarely in the winter. If I can't drive it I drive a 4 door Subi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) or if the wife grabs that a 91 Caravan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

Dave
+Quote Post
jwade
post May 19 2004, 10:33 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 340

I drive it everyday...Right now I'm looking out my office window at it and
wishing I could go for a drive right now...DAMN WORK!

john
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post May 19 2004, 11:20 AM
Post #28

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

Mine came off of the jackstands yesterday. It's still not 100% there, but I'm hoping that by next month I'll be driving it everyday. I can't afford to put gas in the S4 anymore. Something that gets over 20mpg would be nice.
+Quote Post
schweggy
post May 19 2004, 11:42 AM
Post #29

angry old white guy

Member No.: 1,193

I drive mine about once a week.... It's at HPH getting some TLC right now but will be on the road back to Monterey this afternoon.

180 mile (no joke) commute is a little much for it, but I've done it several times; up CA highway 1, over 17 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) and up 85/101 to Menlo Park. (did 90+ mph up highway 85 to HPH with bad tranny, mounts and other assorted issues)

Will be happy to have it back under my butt again.
+Quote Post
Jenny
post May 19 2004, 12:28 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Before "the incident" I drove my orange car everyday, everywhere. Once the silver car's alligned and pieced back together, I plan on driving it everyday as well.

Jen
+Quote Post
type47
post May 19 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #31

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) i have antique car tags so i can't drive it to work.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) since i have antique tags, i don't require a state safety inspection

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) since i have antique tags, i cannot drive it more than 250 miles from home

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) since i have antique tags, i can drive it to club meets, shows, test drives, for maintainance
+Quote Post
post May 19 2004, 03:18 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 988

When ever the weather is nice, which maybe every day some weeks and maybe once a week on others...during a good week thought I'll put 3-400 miles on it easily.

Cheapest car we have to drive right now @ close to 30mpg....
+Quote Post
bob174
post May 19 2004, 09:49 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 122

When I drive on the weekend, I take it. I drive it to work occasionally if there's no chance of rain in the forecast, which in Houston is about 40% of the time. Absolutely love to drive the thing, but I want it to last me until I die.
+Quote Post
914werke
post May 20 2004, 09:29 AM
Post #34

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

prolly 2 out of 5 days I drive it, but in the I5 commute it SUCKS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) its lowered so you cant see over or arround the ever populare fuel swilling SUV, Creeping and clutching aint fun.
I prefer to ride my VFR in Traffic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) Nary a ride goes by when someone dosnt near miss or try & kill you, but at least you can travel (carpool access) and navigate (no lane spliting but lets call it ...creative riding). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
slapshot914
post May 20 2004, 10:32 AM
Post #35

ole swede

Member No.: 1,649

Good to bad to good to worse. I've been driving mine to work everyday for the past several weeks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . Yesterday, I drove it in to Reno and got caught in an unexpected rain shower (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) . Before I went home, I stopped for a soda and while in the store a guy stops me and asks if that's my teener. He drives a Saab station wagon, but says he always wanted a 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . On the way home I'm feeling real good, then it starts squealing like a banshee above 30 mph. Sounds like a bad wheel bearing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . Now its in the garage waiting for some loving attention.
+Quote Post
John2kx
post May 20 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,066

Have averaged about 2-3 days a week for the past 20 months or so. Since installing a/c a few weeks back, I drive it every chance I can as long as it's not raining. Have read enough about rust I don't even wash it..........just wipe down with a damp cloth when needed.

With the price of gas now it looks more attractive at 20 mph than my '03 truck.

John
+Quote Post
MattR
post May 20 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

Still on jackstands. When its running I'll use it as my daily driver at school, which is probably a 10 minute drive every day and a spin to the beach on the weekends.
+Quote Post
degreeoff
post Apr 14 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #38

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Member No.: 275

Back when I was a broke assed drunk with no responsibility thats what I did is drive my BEAT lil 1.7 914 all the time! Now that I have grown up a bit I have (much more comfy A/C cars and trucks) so the need is no longer there!
+Quote Post
degreeoff
post Apr 14 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #39

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Member No.: 275

QUOTE(type47 @ May 19 2004, 10:40 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) i have antique car tags so i can't drive it to work.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) since i have antique tags, i don't require a state safety inspection

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) since i have antique tags, i cannot drive it more than 250 miles from home

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) since i have antique tags, i can drive it to club meets, shows, test drives, for maintainance

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) They dont harass you that bad do they? I drive whenever I want here in MD and havent heard a peep....I think its a milage thing and since my odo aint working (set @ 1 mile 4 EVER!) I feel I am safe skirtin the law

(BTW all my driving I refer to is pre resto)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 14 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #40

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Wow, blast from the past thread.

Wait, did someone say they grew up and no longer need to drive the 914 daily?
Woot, I'm still a kid I guess. Four years later, it's still the absence of creature comforts that makes me enjoy the 914 the most of all my cars - especially compared to the ones with all the loaded features. My happiest driving moments are not when I'm driving the plush quiet family car with power seats, windows, sunroof, mirrors, antennas, multi-speaker stereo, heated this or that, yada yada. The most satisfying car in my stable is the minimalist 914! Hmmm.... Time to go for a drive!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:30 AM