Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carroll Shelby Motor Sports 14" wheels, Ever seen these?
914junkie
post Apr 27 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,848
Region Association: None

That other thread with the western turbine wheels made me want to find a pic of the wheels that were on my car when I bought it 18 years ago. They were these Carroll Shelby Motor Sport wheels. I think they were 14X6's. I'd never found a picture of them till tonight. It was on some Z site. Anyone ever have a set or see these on other 914's? I always thought they looked pretty good. Mine had the same machine finish spokes but the centers were red.
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Mike
post Apr 28 2011, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 198

QUOTE(914junkie @ Apr 27 2011, 10:33 PM) *

That other thread with the western turbine wheels made me want to find a pic of the wheels that were on my car when I bought it 18 years ago. They were these Carroll Shelby Motor Sport wheels. I think they were 14X6's. I'd never found a picture of them till tonight. It was on some Z site...

Nice!
Never saw those before, but there are other styles that I've seen in both 914 4-bolt pattern AND Z 4-Lug pattern. I'm still looking for a pair to match the ones I have in 14X6. (There used to be a thread with a pic, and DD told me the name, but I've forgotten what it was. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Western something.) I want 14's 'cause all the best low-rolling resistance tires only come in 14...
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Apr 28 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #3

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253

Here are some Carol Shelby wheels on 70 I once had.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 29 2011, 05:49 AM
Post #4

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(914junkie @ Apr 27 2011, 10:33 PM) *
That other thread with the western turbine wheels made me want to find a pic of the wheels that were on my car when I bought it 18 years ago. They were these Carroll Shelby Motor Sport wheels. I think they were 14X6's. I'd never found a picture of them till tonight. It was on some Z site. Anyone ever have a set or see these on other 914's? I always thought they looked pretty good. Mine had the same machine finish spokes but the centers were red.

I remember seeing those wheels back in the day. I always liked them. I don't know any details though. Like if they only came in 14". If I could find a set in 15" I'd put them on my car in a heartbeat.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Apr 29 2011, 06:25 AM
Post #5

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Carroll Shelby Telladega

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jun 23 2012, 06:21 AM
Post #6

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

I don't know how much he really had o do with these cheap wheels. He sold his name to every Tom, Dick and Harry that knocked on his door. Yes, he drove in his younger years and owned a team too but he was a manager and a salesman more than a engineer or driver.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:12 AM