Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carroll Shelby Motor Sports 14" wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914junkie
That other thread with the western turbine wheels made me want to find a pic of the wheels that were on my car when I bought it 18 years ago. They were these Carroll Shelby Motor Sport wheels. I think they were 14X6's. I'd never found a picture of them till tonight. It was on some Z site. Anyone ever have a set or see these on other 914's? I always thought they looked pretty good. Mine had the same machine finish spokes but the centers were red.
Click to view attachment
914Mike
QUOTE(914junkie @ Apr 27 2011, 10:33 PM) *

That other thread with the western turbine wheels made me want to find a pic of the wheels that were on my car when I bought it 18 years ago. They were these Carroll Shelby Motor Sport wheels. I think they were 14X6's. I'd never found a picture of them till tonight. It was on some Z site...

Nice!
Never saw those before, but there are other styles that I've seen in both 914 4-bolt pattern AND Z 4-Lug pattern. I'm still looking for a pair to match the ones I have in 14X6. (There used to be a thread with a pic, and DD told me the name, but I've forgotten what it was. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Western something.) I want 14's 'cause all the best low-rolling resistance tires only come in 14...
computers4kids
Here are some Carol Shelby wheels on 70 I once had.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
QUOTE(914junkie @ Apr 27 2011, 10:33 PM) *
That other thread with the western turbine wheels made me want to find a pic of the wheels that were on my car when I bought it 18 years ago. They were these Carroll Shelby Motor Sport wheels. I think they were 14X6's. I'd never found a picture of them till tonight. It was on some Z site. Anyone ever have a set or see these on other 914's? I always thought they looked pretty good. Mine had the same machine finish spokes but the centers were red.

I remember seeing those wheels back in the day. I always liked them. I don't know any details though. Like if they only came in 14". If I could find a set in 15" I'd put them on my car in a heartbeat.
sixnotfour
Carroll Shelby Telladega
URY914
I don't know how much he really had o do with these cheap wheels. He sold his name to every Tom, Dick and Harry that knocked on his door. Yes, he drove in his younger years and owned a team too but he was a manager and a salesman more than a engineer or driver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.