Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie with questions, Newbie with questions
potomacmidget
post Apr 29 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #1

I gotta have more cowbell....

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,860
Region Association: North East States

Good evening All,

A few weeks ago I asked for some advice on buying a 914 and you guys directed me to the pellican parts buyers guide, thanks. It worked out well, I purchased a 1971, 1.7L from a fellow forum member. It appears to be pretty much original and unmolested. Still has the fuel injection. It even runs well and looks good. I am waiting on my Haynes manual in the mail and wondered if you could provide some guidance while I wait on the book:

What size spare tire should I put on the 15 inch spare steel wheel? The tire on there now is too large (and dry rotted) and does not really fit well in the front trunk.

Any tricks to adjusting the parking brake? It is not holding.

I noticed a light in the rear trunk. I don't know what triggers it. Is there a pin switch somewhere I can't see?

Everything on the car appears to work (all lights, etc.) however the odometer no longer works. Is it particuarly difficult to pull the gauge (if that is the problem)?

The doors look like they need to be taken apart and all the rubber replaced. I have done this with my MG Midget (it was not pleasant but I got through it). It looks a bit more difficult with these doors. Any advice appreciated.

I look forward to learning this car and meeting the members on this site. Thanks again.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:46 PM