Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Lines?, original sizes
Russ K
post Apr 16 2003, 01:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 535

Hey, i'm in the process of re-plumbing and i was a bit curious about the original fuel-line diameters. I have a 73 1.7L and all of the various nipples *seem* to be set up for 8mm hose except two in the front trunk for the gas-tank return line (6mm?). I was curious where that thinner return line actually made the switch to 8mm.. is the "t" piece near the fuel pump suppsed to have a one mipple thats smaller than the others? (mine appears to be all 8mm.. but maybe it's aftermarket)
In a bit of research i was lookng at the pelican websiite and noticed they are specifically selling 3 different diams in their 914 section. I'm hoping the 7mm is for a different year/set-up? but i dont know.

Anyways.. i realize none of this is critical to getting my car running again.. but i figured i'd ask in the hope that everything will fit together as smoothly as possible. thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Russ K   Fuel Lines?   Apr 16 2003, 01:38 AM
SirAndy     Apr 16 2003, 11:12 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:01 AM