Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Lines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Russ K
Hey, i'm in the process of re-plumbing and i was a bit curious about the original fuel-line diameters. I have a 73 1.7L and all of the various nipples *seem* to be set up for 8mm hose except two in the front trunk for the gas-tank return line (6mm?). I was curious where that thinner return line actually made the switch to 8mm.. is the "t" piece near the fuel pump suppsed to have a one mipple thats smaller than the others? (mine appears to be all 8mm.. but maybe it's aftermarket)
In a bit of research i was lookng at the pelican websiite and noticed they are specifically selling 3 different diams in their 914 section. I'm hoping the 7mm is for a different year/set-up? but i dont know.

Anyways.. i realize none of this is critical to getting my car running again.. but i figured i'd ask in the hope that everything will fit together as smoothly as possible. thanks.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Russ K @ Apr 15 2003, 11:38 PM)
is the "t" piece near the fuel pump suppsed to have a one mipple thats smaller than the others? (mine appears to be all 8mm..

my "Tee" is also all 3 same size. it's a b**ch to get the lines on cool.gif
my car's a early '70 ...

my plastic fuel lines seem to be the same size, both at the front and the end !?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.