Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Britain Smith TTOD, Where2Race sponsored 914
Randal
post May 1 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Quote directly from Facebook:

Britain Smith
Great day at the SCCA Autocross at PIR. Took TTOD with the Where2Race sponsored Porsche 914. Finally got the boost under control, the brake bias in check, and had some fun driving the car in anger. Can't wait to mount new tires and take the car to Packwood in two weeks.

Go Britain with the Where2Race sporsored 914.

The shitbox lives. Yea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 1 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #2

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Woo Hoo!!
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 1 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #3

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post May 2 2011, 03:48 AM
Post #4

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

Not bad consideing the Test & Tune mode, a God's own tight course, & shot tiars.
There's still work to be done.
+Quote Post
cary
post May 2 2011, 06:38 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608

Nice ......................
+Quote Post
Mike T
post May 2 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #6

can't 'member

Member No.: 161

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

+Quote Post
BMXerror
post May 2 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,842

Great job, Brit! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Show 'em how it's done. I sure hope you're coming to Lincoln this year. I would love to see all the improvements in person. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
Mark D.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 6 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #8

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Randal @ May 1 2011, 08:43 PM) *
the Where2Race sporsored 914

So he's sponsoring his own car? That's so, uhmm, unusual? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Congrats on the TTOD! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
mskala
post May 6 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #9

R

Member No.: 79

Sounds like the answer to Where2Race is wherever the hell he's not.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 12 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #10

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 6 2011, 12:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ May 1 2011, 08:43 PM) *
the Where2Race sporsored 914

So he's sponsoring his own car? That's so, uhmm, unusual? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I was thinking same thing. LOL!

Saw video of his runs. Appears to be battling understeer and it seems to have some turbo lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Et-cJPgPM...yer_profilepage

Little stock powered Miata was only 2/10ths off his time which tells me they where actually turning. He is going to need to work hard on suspension to get it up to its potential. I think we 914 enthusiasts some times take for granted the great handling of the car and dont focus enough on making real improvements on suspension. XP offers a lot more options to Brit on modifying his suspension. I'd be tackling that piece of the equation hard now.

Still is very cool to see that thing squirt around the AX course!

+Quote Post
Randal
post May 22 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Lookie lookie, another Where2Race machine:

Attached Image

+Quote Post
jjackson
post May 22 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,246

QUOTE(Randal @ May 22 2011, 10:36 AM) *

Attached Image

That car looks fast on the trailer! Like everything except the spoiler-JJackson
+Quote Post
Randal
post May 22 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jjackson @ May 22 2011, 02:22 PM) *

Attached Image

You are right about that.

Had a great time yesterday down at the American AutoX Series running against all the EMod boys yesterday. Some very fast cars.

Just great to be out driving again and the car is so much better; just a totally new ride.

+Quote Post
jmill
post May 22 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #14

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Sweet! Get some new tires to lay the power down on that thing.
+Quote Post
Randal
post May 22 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jjackson @ May 22 2011, 02:22 PM) *

Attached Image

One that that I could do before Medford is just mount a big plastic spoiler to my existing reinforced spoiler.

End plates could be epoxied. Ummmm.

Probably the angle of attack would be to high. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 24 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #16

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(Randal @ May 22 2011, 04:07 PM) *

Had a great time yesterday down at the American AutoX Series running against all the EMod boys yesterday. Some very fast cars.

Just great to be out driving again and the car is so much better; just a totally new ride.

As I have said in the past and still say if you arent making 400 HP plus in a 1500 lb 914 in EM you dont have a chance with the Nor Cal E Mod crowd. 4 to 5 seconds is a long time to make up on a 60 second course. I felt like I was rooting for small home town team and the national champions from out of state came in. I wanted the 914 to win but oh man it was clear you were out gunned. just from the first lap. Its so strange how your perspecitve on "fast" changes when you are around those cars! I used to think my 914 was moderately fast until I started to go to AAS and SCCA Tour events.

Look at the second place emod car from the AAS event this weekend in the vid below. The Villereal Lotus was off the pace of the V8 Austin Healy and that wasnt a power course. It was nice flowing course where you could keep up momentum. I think weighting up 222 to 1725lbs and jumping to XP is better choice if you want to be competitive in SCCA classing. You are safe in PCA events as they truly are several notches down in terms of competition and car preperation in mod classes. You only have Andrew to contend with and that car isnt much of a Mod car. At least youre on even playing field with that car in terms of HP.

Still 222 is a very fun car to watch and clearly its working better than it did a couple years ago. I hope you can take some in car video at the hillclimb!

http://youtu.be/nyrsHyOlqHQ

+Quote Post
Randal
post May 24 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 24 2011, 11:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ May 22 2011, 04:07 PM) *

As I have said in the past and still say if you arent making 400 HP plus in a 1500 lb 914 in EM you dont have a chance with the Nor Cal E Mod crowd. 4 to 5 seconds is a long time to make up on a 60 second course. I felt like I was rooting for small home town team and the national champions from out of state came in. I wanted the 914 to win but oh man it was clear you were out gunned. just from the first lap. Its so strange how your perspecitve on "fast" changes when you are around those cars! I used to think my 914 was moderately fast until I started to go to AAS and SCCA Tour events.

Look at the second place emod car from the AAS event this weekend in the vid below. The Villereal Lotus was off the pace of the V8 Austin Healy and that wasnt a power course. It was nice flowing course where you could keep up momentum. I think weighting up 222 to 1725lbs and jumping to XP is better choice if you want to be competitive in SCCA classing. You are safe in PCA events as they truly are several notches down in terms of competition and car preperation in mod classes. You only have Andrew to contend with and that car isnt much of a Mod car. At least youre on even playing field with that car in terms of HP.

Still 222 is a very fun car to watch and clearly its working better than it did a couple years ago. I hope you can take some in car video at the hillclimb!

http://youtu.be/nyrsHyOlqHQ

LOL, don't be too quick to judge a car that has been off the road for two years, and of course the driver as well.

Guess what, if I get within two seconds of those guys, I win.

BTW where were you Grant in that expensive, sponsored, modern and set up hot rod? How did you end up against the old technology 914?

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 24 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #18

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(Randal @ May 24 2011, 12:23 PM) *

LOL, don't be too quick to judge a car that has been off the road for two years, and of course the driver as well.

Guess what, if I get within two seconds of those guys, I win.

BTW where were you Grant in that expensive, sponsored, modern and set up hot rod? How did you end up against the old technology 914?

Thats going to be tough as you were nearly 5 seconds off the fast Emod car on a momentum course? And that V8 Healy isnt the fastest E mod car! The Rotory Sprite beats him by nearly a second. If you get within 2 seconds of that car I'll buy you a beer!

...Let me see I drove in on my skinny hard compound track wheels/tires that had three full track days on them in a 3500lb full interior street car with AC, 8 speaker stereo and my first run was just as fast as yours. I botched my second and third runs but still kept you within about 2 seconds in my street car with my first run! Id say I was closer to you than you were to cars in your own class? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) I held BSP cars to 2 seconds even with blown runs. I was there just for giggles as I love to see the fast CP cars and was too lazy to mount my AX weels and tires. But ulimately the Nismo is a TT car that does fine - it turns 2 minutes flat at Thunderhill. Let me know when 222 does that. I'm pretty sure I beat you in PAX so it looks like I'm doing something right? Althought we were both fighting to stay out of DFL in PAX. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Better watchout when I show up on the fat A6's and my real LSD. I'm just about 2 seconds faster with that setup! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

+Quote Post
Randal
post May 24 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Actually think I was 4.4 off the Healey and I blew my last run.

Hell that is only +/- 400 feet.

Anyway I like the competition with these guys. No chance I can beat those guys with my existing setup, but my objective will be to get within a couple of seconds of the Lotus. That would make my day.

Oh yea bring whatever you want to the next one Grant. You’ll always have an excuse for losing, but your big modern high technology door slammer just get beat by an old technology car out for the first time in two years.

And I didn’t have to pay my mechanic. Maybe you should have done an arrive and drive deal; would have been less stress and you’d of had a professional trainer. LOL
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 24 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #20

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

Why the hell do we have all these guys that don't even own 914s come here to tell us what you can't do? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Why do they try and kill someone's dream no matter how unrealistic it may be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) . I would rather support someone's dream no matter how far fetched it is as you really never know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

In other words, if you don't have anything nice to say fuck off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:45 AM