Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> -6 CV joint questions, what to do?
maxwelj
post May 22 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #1

rebuilt member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,532
Region Association: None

I purchased some new '914-6' CV joints from a classified ad here on the board, and when I compared the new ones to the old, I found some "minor" differences. The biggest of those is that my original joints used two rolled pins and 4 allen bolts with a plate. The rolled pins are a bit larger diameter than the bolts. The new joints I received have 6 holes, all the same diameter, as if they might have used 6 allen bolts and no rolled pins. As I see it, I can remedy this problem in two ways: drill out two of the holes to accept the rolled pins, or get an adapter made that is the smaller diameter to fit into the cv joint, and the larger to fit into the flange and axle stub. I do have a drill press to accomplish the first option, but its probably older than I am, and I'm not sure how precise I can be with it.

Anybody got some advice on how to proceed?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
maxwelj   -6 CV joint questions   May 22 2004, 03:29 PM
LvSteveH   Did you make sure the axle splines are the same? I...   May 23 2004, 12:40 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:22 PM