Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump bad. What voltage should be going to it with the key on?
JRust
post May 2 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So my LE has a bad fuel pump. Even hotwiring it I get absolutley no action from it. I am going to check the voltage going through the harness. What should the voltage be with the key turned on?

I think I have another pump for it allready. I had dropped a new(to me) pump off at the shop that was supposed to be working on it. After having a few that worked but leaked I bought one off ebay. The original symptom was the fuel pump was completely dead. I know the one I bought on ebay was working. So while he told me they had put it on my car. I am pretty sure they didn't & he was just trying to make it sound like they were doing some work. I called & he is looking around his shop for one. Knowing all the pumps tried worked but leaked. I am pretty sure my new used one didn't just completely die (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . I guess I will find out tonight
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Cap'n Krusty
post May 2 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #2

Cap'n Krusty

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

12v for the first 1.5 seconds after the key is turned on, then nothing.

The Cap'n
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:01 PM