Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump bad. What voltage should be going to it with the key on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So my LE has a bad fuel pump. Even hotwiring it I get absolutley no action from it. I am going to check the voltage going through the harness. What should the voltage be with the key turned on?

I think I have another pump for it allready. I had dropped a new(to me) pump off at the shop that was supposed to be working on it. After having a few that worked but leaked I bought one off ebay. The original symptom was the fuel pump was completely dead. I know the one I bought on ebay was working. So while he told me they had put it on my car. I am pretty sure they didn't & he was just trying to make it sound like they were doing some work. I called & he is looking around his shop for one. Knowing all the pumps tried worked but leaked. I am pretty sure my new used one didn't just completely die blink.gif . I guess I will find out tonight
Cap'n Krusty
12v for the first 1.5 seconds after the key is turned on, then nothing.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.