Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My 914 was delivered Monday!
PBC914
post May 4 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,545
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Purchased a 74 2.0 914 in December in Minneapolis. It was out in a field, and had to wait until we thawed here (which took forever). Have already (detailed the inside, installed new ignition switch (thanks to the help of members here when I got stuck on how to do it), installed original fuchs with new center hubs (removed crappy steelies and some other rear race wheels that were awful with new Michelin Exalto PE2s all around. Installed new fuses, new fuse cover, new interior light, repainted the metal gauge face and bezels, fixed the trip odometer, repainted the center console gauge bezels and heater lever. Installed new relay board and cover, sanded and repainted the license plate brackets and installed matching new stainless hardware to secure (it's all in the details) all in 2 days. Now for tomorrow-dropping the engine, pulling apart piece by piece and cleaning, painting, installing new plugs, wires, push rod tubes and valve adjust, new rotor and cap, new clutch and acc. cable and that might lead me to the end of the day. After I get the engine running will determine if new clutch and trans rebuild are in the near future.

BTW. The dumbest thing I have found a PO did was running a fuel line UNDER the car (not through the center tunnel (besides not maintaining the car in general).

Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions. I'm excited to bring my Bahia Red 2.0 back to life. Now, I just need someone here in Mpls to show me how to weld...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:08 PM