Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 was delivered Monday!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
Purchased a 74 2.0 914 in December in Minneapolis. It was out in a field, and had to wait until we thawed here (which took forever). Have already (detailed the inside, installed new ignition switch (thanks to the help of members here when I got stuck on how to do it), installed original fuchs with new center hubs (removed crappy steelies and some other rear race wheels that were awful with new Michelin Exalto PE2s all around. Installed new fuses, new fuse cover, new interior light, repainted the metal gauge face and bezels, fixed the trip odometer, repainted the center console gauge bezels and heater lever. Installed new relay board and cover, sanded and repainted the license plate brackets and installed matching new stainless hardware to secure (it's all in the details) all in 2 days. Now for tomorrow-dropping the engine, pulling apart piece by piece and cleaning, painting, installing new plugs, wires, push rod tubes and valve adjust, new rotor and cap, new clutch and acc. cable and that might lead me to the end of the day. After I get the engine running will determine if new clutch and trans rebuild are in the near future.

BTW. The dumbest thing I have found a PO did was running a fuel line UNDER the car (not through the center tunnel (besides not maintaining the car in general).

Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions. I'm excited to bring my Bahia Red 2.0 back to life. Now, I just need someone here in Mpls to show me how to weld...
trojanhorsepower
piratenanner.gif
ptravnic
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
PBC914
QUOTE(ptravnic @ May 4 2011, 08:06 PM) *

Damn, I knew I was going to get that! First thing in the morning. It's Pilsner Urquell time right now (and for the near distant future too).
mburkhart
Bahia red 74 2.0L - I think we're going to get along famously...
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif
PBC914
QUOTE(mburkhart @ May 4 2011, 08:56 PM) *

Cool-my car was made 8/73 and the last vin digits are 01003, early 74. I may need your help on how it should look. Especially the engine which I'm pulling tomorrow morning.
mrgjones
Where are the pictures...
PBC914
First pics, just getting ready to drop the engine...slowly and precisely.
skota
awesome man, I just got one in Oct and have only recently been able to drive it. awesome cars, cant wait to see the pictures
pcar916
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
flipb
QUOTE(PBC914 @ May 4 2011, 11:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mburkhart @ May 4 2011, 08:56 PM) *

Cool-my car was made 8/73 and the last vin digits are 01003, early 74. I may need your help on how it should look. Especially the engine which I'm pulling tomorrow morning.

My Saturn Yellow 2.0 was also 8/73 build, a week or two earlier than yours: 4742900862
Root_Werks
beer.gif

Congrats!

Now show us pictures! biggrin.gif
windforfun
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(PBC914 @ May 4 2011, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(ptravnic @ May 4 2011, 08:06 PM) *

Damn, I knew I was going to get that! First thing in the morning. It's Pilsner Urquell time right now (and for the near distant future too).

Don't know what FIRST THING IN THE MORNING means in Minnesota, but out west it's long past! slap.gif poke.gif biggrin.gif

Congratulations, my '74 2.0 is #700. Our cars might have come off the line the same day; certainly the same week.

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.