Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question for Levi or other Chevy guys, Timing cover
skline
post Jun 1 2004, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Ok, I have this 283 engine all ready to go into the car. Nice fresh build, all new parts. I bought a billet aluminum timing cover for it and an aluminum oil pan for it. They look very nice. They both fit on the engine well, but not together. I thought maybe the timing cover was wrong so I got a chrome one from Chevrolet. It fits fine until I tried to put the oil pan on. It still doesnt fit right, it sits about an inch above the block on the timing cover end. So I went and bought a new chrome oil pan but steel this time. Same thing. My question is, was there a difference between the timing covers on a 283? The ugly ass stock one that I took off, fits fine with either oil pan, but the aftermarket ones (Chrome and aluminum) dont with any oil pan. Enlighten me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:09 AM