Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I Can't Win..., Pedal Assembly Issues
Britain Smith
post Jun 2 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

Well...the last couple of days the grinding of my tranny in first and reverse got out of hand. It appears that the clutch was not fully engaging when I pushed it in even though Brad and I recently went through the painful procedure of welding the clutch tube and installing a new clutch cable. I believe that the main issue now is the pedal assembly and all the original plastic bushings. With a shortage of time before to install the bronze bushing kit before the WCC this weekend, I opted to switch out the orginal pedal assembly with the one from my now completely dissassembled 912. Although it is painted red, it has the complete bronze bushing kit installed and fit right into the teener. All I have left to do is adjust the throttle cable so it doesn't rev to 4K, adjust the clutch so it doesn't do any more damage, and adjust the shaft for the master cylinder so the rear brakes don't lock up prematuraly. Does anyone have any suggestions on these three tasks? Why do things always have to break at the wrong times...Murphy's Law I guess.

-Britain
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:30 AM