Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> DIRTY EVO Gets a six
Dirty Evo
post Jun 18 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,198
Region Association: Northern California

Got it registered today Drove it down to the office and around some of the local backroads. I must have had 25 comments, questions, thumbs up, waives, people shouting COOL CAR... just EVERYWHERE. Never had a car get so much attention. Was great.

As I was getting the inspection at the DMV a very old couple was walking in, and I couldn't hear everything the husband was saying to the wife, but heard something to the effect of "this is the same car we saw race back then, looks the same but doesn't have the stickers or numbers". I got the feeling he was talking about watching races way back in the 70s.

Blast to drive, but I need to take my time learning, this is a very different beast than my cayman or E30 race car...

the car is built SO nice, but I am already planning just a few little things to "personalize" it, so it feels like mine. Some GTS seats, a GT-style front bumper and valance and modification of the door bars for easier in and out. also, ordered door mirrors for it.

wanted to just post a few fun photos since I finally have her all settled in.

and I just want to say thanks to so many on here for your advice and tips over the past several months, and thanks to JT for all his help and just being great to deal with and so helpful. and if you are shipping a car, I highly recommend DEMOISE TR-KING. The were great to deal with.

just getting familiar, checking under her skirt to make sure its all clean and pretty! trying to track down a very small oil drip that I think we took care of (fingers crossed). Its a porsche, so I would be worried more if it DIDN'T drip a few drops.

Attached Image

ahh... life is good...
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

and finally, a shot of my old FIRST 914, back in 1989, my parents bought be this 72 for high school graduation. was pretty much my dream car. 1.7 L. I don't know why, but I have always been a fan of Porsches and VWs but I NEVER liked 911s? Not sure how one grows up a Porsche nut but doesn't like 911, but it happened. 356, 914, 944, 928, cayman, boxter, they are all cool to me as long as the engine is not in the wrong spot.

and yes, its BLUE also, about a shade lighter than my new one.. weird coincidence.

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:28 PM