Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DIRTY EVO Gets a six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dirty Evo
Got it registered today Drove it down to the office and around some of the local backroads. I must have had 25 comments, questions, thumbs up, waives, people shouting COOL CAR... just EVERYWHERE. Never had a car get so much attention. Was great.

As I was getting the inspection at the DMV a very old couple was walking in, and I couldn't hear everything the husband was saying to the wife, but heard something to the effect of "this is the same car we saw race back then, looks the same but doesn't have the stickers or numbers". I got the feeling he was talking about watching races way back in the 70s.

Blast to drive, but I need to take my time learning, this is a very different beast than my cayman or E30 race car...

the car is built SO nice, but I am already planning just a few little things to "personalize" it, so it feels like mine. Some GTS seats, a GT-style front bumper and valance and modification of the door bars for easier in and out. also, ordered door mirrors for it.

wanted to just post a few fun photos since I finally have her all settled in.

and I just want to say thanks to so many on here for your advice and tips over the past several months, and thanks to JT for all his help and just being great to deal with and so helpful. and if you are shipping a car, I highly recommend DEMOISE TR-KING. The were great to deal with.

just getting familiar, checking under her skirt to make sure its all clean and pretty! trying to track down a very small oil drip that I think we took care of (fingers crossed). Its a porsche, so I would be worried more if it DIDN'T drip a few drops.

Click to view attachment

ahh... life is good...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and finally, a shot of my old FIRST 914, back in 1989, my parents bought be this 72 for high school graduation. was pretty much my dream car. 1.7 L. I don't know why, but I have always been a fan of Porsches and VWs but I NEVER liked 911s? Not sure how one grows up a Porsche nut but doesn't like 911, but it happened. 356, 914, 944, 928, cayman, boxter, they are all cool to me as long as the engine is not in the wrong spot.

and yes, its BLUE also, about a shade lighter than my new one.. weird coincidence.

Click to view attachment

ConeDodger
Nice... Bring it! We need to see that thing up close! biggrin.gif
jt914-6
Steve.....more pics....resize to medium.....I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much or more than I did. She's going topless, so I'm guessing she approves of the Ca. weather...Show it off...get used to the looks, thumbs up, and the people who are just plain jealous...Let her hunt down gt2/3, Boxter S & Cayman S'es at the track like it did for me...How did you pass smog test??? $$$$??
DanT
No smog on a 1974 in CA! biggrin.gif
AZ914
Nice man...
jt914-6
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 18 2011, 09:36 AM) *

No smog on a 1974 in CA! biggrin.gif

Ron (pcar916) and I was wondering about how he was going to pass. Ron used to live in Ca. with his 2.7 with webers..that's good news for Steve....It it's weird seeing "my" 914 belonging to someone else....but I know it has a good home.
Dirty Evo
yeah, so the DMV had to inspect to check that the vin# matched the paperwork because it was bought out of state. The guy before me in line was a real ahole, so the lady was in a pissy mood when I walked up. after she gets the vin#s then she starts searching the car up and down.. finally she says "does it have an emissions sticker?"... my heart sank... panic sent in for just a second. And I said "its a 74, i think its exempt"

She said "oh yeah" and then signed my off and gave me plates ! WHEW!

Yes, the car definitely approves of being topless. Just a blast to drive. My favorite part is the SOUL. My cayman S is fast. Fun. Sounds good. Comfy.

But the 914 has SOUL... there is a FEELING there, something different. THAT is why I wanted one and she is really delivering.
sixnotfour
But the 914 has SOUL... there is a FEELING there, something different. THAT is why I wanted one and she is really delivering.

beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif first.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif So happy to see this. Can't wait to hear about your track adventures.
jt914-6
Want to see med. size pics...put one up on the show us your 914 thread at the top of the Garage page....more pics and your impressions since you've driven it more..... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.