Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Running lean?, D-jet running problems
Bartlett 914
post Jun 27 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 2.0 and I an trying to get it to run better. I believe it is running lean. I don't have a CO sensor. It is pretty bad when cold and the problem seems to be getting worse. I have gone through the components and adjusted the valves. The engine is out of a 76. The d-jet components are for a 74 with the exception of the injectors. I have checked the CHT (it may be a little low in value) the distributor, the ECU and the MPS. All are as per the Anders pages. Fuel pressure is 29. I am only mismatched by the injectors. I haven't removed them to check the numbers but I am pretty sure they will be proper for the 76 motor. My idle is low. The air bypass screw has no effect. I get occasional popping in the exhaust. Could the injectors have a lower flow causing the lean condition? Any suggestions are welcome.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Jun 27 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

One simple test, turn the fuel pressure up to ~35 and see if it changes. That should help narrow it down if it's lean or not.
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post Jun 27 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 27 2011, 05:04 PM) *

One simple test, turn the fuel pressure up to ~35 and see if it changes. That should help narrow it down if it's lean or not.

Not a bad suggestion. I didn't want to go that far so I went to 31. It seemed to make a difference. It is not correct but it was a move in the correct direction. I am still not sure if I need to go the the expense of new injectors.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 06:42 PM