Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running lean?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I have a 2.0 and I an trying to get it to run better. I believe it is running lean. I don't have a CO sensor. It is pretty bad when cold and the problem seems to be getting worse. I have gone through the components and adjusted the valves. The engine is out of a 76. The d-jet components are for a 74 with the exception of the injectors. I have checked the CHT (it may be a little low in value) the distributor, the ECU and the MPS. All are as per the Anders pages. Fuel pressure is 29. I am only mismatched by the injectors. I haven't removed them to check the numbers but I am pretty sure they will be proper for the 76 motor. My idle is low. The air bypass screw has no effect. I get occasional popping in the exhaust. Could the injectors have a lower flow causing the lean condition? Any suggestions are welcome.
underthetire
One simple test, turn the fuel pressure up to ~35 and see if it changes. That should help narrow it down if it's lean or not.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 27 2011, 05:04 PM) *

One simple test, turn the fuel pressure up to ~35 and see if it changes. That should help narrow it down if it's lean or not.

Not a bad suggestion. I didn't want to go that far so I went to 31. It seemed to make a difference. It is not correct but it was a move in the correct direction. I am still not sure if I need to go the the expense of new injectors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.