Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brake caliper temps..fronts vs. rears, How hot do your calipers get?
computers4kids
post Jun 27 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Can brake caliper temps be used to help evaluate brake bias front to rear? What do you interpret from the temp readings I took?

I decided to take some temperature readings after some normal driving and braking. Up front, my aluminum brembos with vented rotors were 150 and 151 degrees at 2" from the calipers.

My driver's stock rear caliper with solid rotors was 156 while the passenger side was about 120. After seeing the discrepancy on the rears, I rechecked the temps at the rears a couple different times after driving it with the same results.

A little info: I have a no proportioning valve and the rear pads are vented at .004. The brakes appear to work good with no pulling.

So now I'm questioning how well my back brakes are working. Which rear caliper temps seems correct?

I was also interested in my brake bias, but I'm really not too sure if comparing the fronts and rears in this case is of little use.

What do you think?
Thanks, Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jun 27 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

I think when the rotors glow red they're to hot.

Brake fluid (Dot 4) boils at 350 or 450 (don't remember)

Your temps don't seem astounding at all ...

And your driver's side caliper is more loaded because of your heavy ass (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Ok ... that's enough for today!
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Jun 27 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 27 2011, 04:59 PM) *

And your driver's side caliper is more loaded because of your heavy ass (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Ron, you truly are wise beyond your years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 09:15 PM