Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake caliper temps..fronts vs. rears
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Can brake caliper temps be used to help evaluate brake bias front to rear? What do you interpret from the temp readings I took?

I decided to take some temperature readings after some normal driving and braking. Up front, my aluminum brembos with vented rotors were 150 and 151 degrees at 2" from the calipers.

My driver's stock rear caliper with solid rotors was 156 while the passenger side was about 120. After seeing the discrepancy on the rears, I rechecked the temps at the rears a couple different times after driving it with the same results.

A little info: I have a no proportioning valve and the rear pads are vented at .004. The brakes appear to work good with no pulling.

So now I'm questioning how well my back brakes are working. Which rear caliper temps seems correct?

I was also interested in my brake bias, but I'm really not too sure if comparing the fronts and rears in this case is of little use.

What do you think?
Thanks, Mark
SLITS
I think when the rotors glow red they're to hot.

Brake fluid (Dot 4) boils at 350 or 450 (don't remember)

Your temps don't seem astounding at all ...

And your driver's side caliper is more loaded because of your heavy ass poke.gif

Ok ... that's enough for today!
computers4kids
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 27 2011, 04:59 PM) *

And your driver's side caliper is more loaded because of your heavy ass poke.gif

av-943.gif Ron, you truly are wise beyond your years. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.