|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Andyrew |
Jul 13 2011, 11:49 PM
Post
#61
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Got an hour in.
Bunch of time sanding out what was in there. Took it down to metal on most places and then to the existing bondo everywhere else just because this fender has been worked on so much. The existing bondo looked really good in most area's. Threw some bondo on it as well. About 1/8 of a gal. This will probably take another 1/4 gal of bondo before its done. This filler is pretty thin so I can only really put it on 1/4" at a time which I really dont mind all that much. Spent the rest of the night on my car, trying to swap carbs, but the other carb leaked like crazy... So swapped it back... yay, non progress.... Pics. Attached image(s)
|
| malaga_red75 |
Jul 14 2011, 12:48 PM
Post
#62
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
looks good andrew.
we still on for this weekend? I am thinking same time as last weekend. let me know. |
| Andyrew |
Jul 19 2011, 09:17 AM
Post
#63
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
This was the progress made on Sunday, I didnt do anything yesterday as I pulled the engine from my Honda.
Attached image(s)
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 19 2011, 09:21 AM
Post
#64
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Yes I used 1/2 a gallon of filler. That fender needed some love...
There is currently 1/8 to 1/4" over the whole pannel, I am now sanding it down to get the fender the way that I like it. Do have some low spots. All the rockers and valences have been sanded down, the windshield washer nozzles have been removed and it has been decided to weld them up! Also I JUST remembered how to take the vent window off and the seal off as I was telling Peter how I had no clue I then said "wait a second" and removed it in 30 seconds... I wish I remembered that for MY car... Arg. Attached image(s)
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 23 2011, 09:42 AM
Post
#65
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Made up for my non working this week with 3 hours last night!
Got to 75% done on the rear fender. Really dont have much time left on it and its looking really good. I have to go over it with 180 grit but it almost completely roughed in. I also welded the holes for the window washers. I welded the rocker pannel crack and the rear valence crack. I straightened the rear valance (It will need some bondo...), and put a skim coat on the rear bumper. Progress was great! Very excited about how much was done. I will be doing all the final work today so that primer can be done tomorrow. Attached image(s)
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 23 2011, 09:46 AM
Post
#66
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
| malaga_red75 |
Jul 24 2011, 12:56 AM
Post
#67
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
looks good andrew!!! see you tomorrow.
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 24 2011, 09:49 AM
Post
#68
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Had a lot of erands to run yesterday but I still got most of the progress I wanted to accomplish before today.
Got 2 hours in. Pulled the vynal off the targa bar, used acetone to clean the glue off, filled a little dent, and sanded it down with 180 grit. Sanded the cowl area down, Filled the dents where the washers were and sanded it down with 180. Finished the fender area as well as most of the molding of the fender lip. I still have the front of the fender to go and that might be a little bit difficult.. But that will be finished today. I still need to put some glazing puddy down to fill some pinholes and sand the fender down to 180 and then the whole car is ready for primer filler. Pics Attached image(s)
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 24 2011, 09:51 AM
Post
#69
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Next
Attached image(s)
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 24 2011, 09:51 AM
Post
#70
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Last
Also sanded the A pillar. Attached image(s)
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 24 2011, 11:49 PM
Post
#71
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Long day today. Got the car in 3 coats of primer and 1 coat on the non trouble area's.
Looks pretty good! For those keeping track, 7 hours in today. Attached image(s)
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 24 2011, 11:50 PM
Post
#72
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Primer pics
Attached image(s)
|
| jonferns |
Jul 25 2011, 09:36 AM
Post
#73
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,081 Joined: 29-March 07 From: New Jersey Member No.: 7,631 Region Association: North East States
|
Looks smooooth! Great progress, keep it up!
|
| malaga_red75 |
Jul 25 2011, 09:59 AM
Post
#74
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
it was very cool to see some 'color' go on the car. It will still need a little bit of work, but it looks great!
Andrew thinks there will be roughly another 15-20 hours of sanding/prepping before we are ready for primer epoxy and color. so close! -Peter |
| Andyrew |
Jul 28 2011, 08:20 AM
Post
#75
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Spent a little over 2 hours block sanding yesterday. No pics, but the rear trunk is ready for another coat, there is only a small spot where it needed more primer. The front dr fender is 90% and doesn't look to need any more primer. The dr door has one low spot that needs. Bit of primer, I think I'm just going to throw 4 strong coats on this spot due to it being do low. The dr rear fender needs just a tiny bit more primer and it'll be perfect.
Damn this car is getting done quick! |
| malaga_red75 |
Jul 28 2011, 09:51 AM
Post
#76
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
awesome andrew!
and you're right, the progress you have been making is amazing! Wish i could be there to help more. amazing I dropped the car off only 4 weeks ago! keep it up. btw, that paint looks perfect. i sent you a pm about ordering it. let me know what you want to do. -peter |
| porsche_dreamer |
Jul 28 2011, 10:14 AM
Post
#77
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 147 Joined: 21-December 10 From: Harrison, OH Member No.: 12,505 Region Association: None |
What was the original color? And what color you planning to use?
|
| rnellums |
Jul 28 2011, 11:12 AM
Post
#78
|
|
Professional Enthusiast ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,673 Joined: 26-November 09 From: Littleton, CO Member No.: 11,072 Region Association: Rocky Mountains |
My black car had slightly rolled fenders in the rear and I was able to get away with 205's tucked up under them. The strange thing was that one side almost rubbed and the other side had 1 1/2 fingers of clearance.
|
| Andyrew |
Jul 28 2011, 11:22 AM
Post
#79
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
I'm going to talk to the local paint shop and see if they will match the price. Also we have the signal green color now so they should be able to look up the color in a single stage stage layout
|
| malaga_red75 |
Jul 28 2011, 11:56 AM
Post
#80
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
Andrew, sounds good. let me know what they say and if they can match it.
Porsche_dreamer - I think the orginal color was alaska blue metallic. but I (or andrew) will have to look at the code to be certain. the new color will be porsche signal green. (pretty much the gt3rs green of the 2007 model). although, ive been doing some research, and that viper green looks good too. hmmmmm its hard to tell the difference, but it looks to be a tad bit darker than the signal green. anyone have first hand experience with the two colors? peter |
![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 3rd October 2026 - 04:57 PM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |