|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| porsche_dreamer |
Jul 28 2011, 01:28 PM
Post
#81
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 147 Joined: 21-December 10 From: Harrison, OH Member No.: 12,505 Region Association: None |
Signal green (2d8)was the color I was gonna use on my next project, if I decide to go with flares. Its an awesome color! Cant wait to see some color. Im sure you cant either.
|
| barada |
Jul 28 2011, 01:39 PM
Post
#82
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 257 Joined: 5-October 08 From: Atlanta Member No.: 9,613 Region Association: None |
I have Viper Green on my Clone, love it, would look great on a 914.
Phillip Attached image(s)
|
| malaga_red75 |
Jul 29 2011, 09:45 AM
Post
#83
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
your car is gorgeous!!!
However, I think that is a little too dark for what I am thinking. signal green should be just right! |
| Andyrew |
Aug 1 2011, 02:47 PM
Post
#84
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
No pics again from this past weekend (Who wants to see block sanding? It never shows up in pictures...)
Friday and saturday spent 6 hours block sanding and on sunday spent 5.5 hours finishing the block sanding and doing some spot primer filler. We are on track for paint next weekend, but peter is pushing for this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif), At this point its a matter of everything going perfect and the Fiancee saying that its OK (She's busy next weekend so she already OK'ed it). |
| Twise |
Aug 1 2011, 05:33 PM
Post
#85
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 475 Joined: 20-September 06 From: SoCal - Temecula Member No.: 6,881 Region Association: Southern California |
Signal Green - 2D8
Very nice choice. I was planning on my next project to use the same exact color. I am looking forward to seeing this when done. |
| Andyrew |
Aug 1 2011, 05:56 PM
Post
#86
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Local paint store is having a hard time finding the factory color chip. We think we found it in another series of theirs. Im getting a small amount to test it with and will spray a test piece tomorrow.
Finding this color has been a PITA... LOL |
| malaga_red75 |
Aug 1 2011, 11:00 PM
Post
#87
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
We are on track for paint next weekend, but peter is pushing for this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif), At this point its a matter of everything going perfect and the Fiancee saying that its OK (She's busy next weekend so she already OK'ed it). Haha... Sorry Andrew for wanting to push it to this weekend. The reason I want to push for this weekend is that it will give me a really good chance to get the car put back together before school starts. If we don't do it this weekend I realistically won't be able to get to the car until thanksgiving because of water polo season and school... And that is a looooong time to be away from a freshly painted car. Looking forward to seeing the test coat tomorrow! |
| Andyrew |
Aug 1 2011, 11:14 PM
Post
#88
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
So I sanded down the primer filler and there are still a couple of low spots... Damn these low spots, I should have done guide coat on them instead of filling them with primer filler. Now were pressed for time.
Tomorrow i'll spray the test piece and spray some more primer filler. Hopefully I can get the body hot enough to let the primer shrink so that down the road we dont have any shrinkage in the primer filler. |
| Andyrew |
Aug 1 2011, 11:44 PM
Post
#89
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
I decided that I'll sand down the low spots a little bit and put in some guide coat. I dont want to put any more primer filler on these low spots without having a long time for it to properly shrink.
Here is the list of things to do by Sunday. Guide coat low spots Sand down guide coat Primer filler and block sand Fill pin holes with guide coat Block sand car to 320 Prep area under targa bar Clean garage a little Mask for painting area under targa bar Paint area under targa bar Remove hoods and prep seal area Blow off entire car Mask entire car Prep garage for paint. Here is Sunday Clean garage again Wax and grease car 2x Tach cloth car Mix white base primer and spray car Flash Check for full hide and put second layer if necessary flash Mix paint and start spraying Goal, 3 coats for full hide, 6-7 coats total. Ya.. Sigh, Im not sure were ready (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) |
| malaga_red75 |
Aug 1 2011, 11:45 PM
Post
#90
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
So I sanded down the primer filler and there are still a couple of low spots... Damn these low spots, I should have done guide coat on them instead of filling them with primer filler. Now were pressed for time. Tomorrow i'll spray the test piece and spray some more primer filler. Hopefully I can get the body hot enough to let the primer shrink so that down the road we dont have any shrinkage in the primer filler. Ok, if you need my help one night this week, let me know. Keep up the great work! |
| Andyrew |
Aug 2 2011, 12:39 AM
Post
#91
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Add to this list that we have to do the jambs as well.
Arg. |
| malaga_red75 |
Aug 2 2011, 12:57 AM
Post
#92
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
|
| malaga_red75 |
Aug 2 2011, 01:02 AM
Post
#93
|
|
'74 2.5L N/A Subie ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 454 Joined: 5-March 06 From: Menlo Park, CA Member No.: 5,674 Region Association: None |
Just saw list.
Yes that it is a lot. And I've said it before, id rather get it done right than rush it. So, we'll see... |
| Andyrew |
Aug 2 2011, 11:06 PM
Post
#94
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
Laid the test color. Its hard to tell if its the right color. I really need to get it in the sun to see what happens.
Oh and im going to unload all the pics from my camera that I have been taking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Attached image(s)
|
| Spoke |
Aug 3 2011, 02:50 AM
Post
#95
|
|
Jerry ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 7,432 Joined: 29-October 04 From: Allentown, PA Member No.: 3,031 Region Association: None
|
I like the color.
|
| porsche_dreamer |
Aug 3 2011, 07:50 AM
Post
#96
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 147 Joined: 21-December 10 From: Harrison, OH Member No.: 12,505 Region Association: None |
Don't know if its me or the flash on your camera making it look a tad to yellow? Here is a sample I mixed at work and did a spray out with.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i892.photobucket.com-12505-1312379403.1.jpg) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i892.photobucket.com-12505-1312379404.2.jpg) |
| Andyrew |
Aug 3 2011, 08:17 AM
Post
#97
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
It is a tad to yellow. We cant find the correct mix ratio. Do you have it?
|
| Mike Bellis |
Aug 3 2011, 08:18 AM
Post
#98
|
|
Resident Electrician ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 8,348 Joined: 22-June 09 From: Midlothian TX Member No.: 10,496 Region Association: None
|
I dig the bright breen!
|
| porsche_dreamer |
Aug 3 2011, 08:29 AM
Post
#99
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 147 Joined: 21-December 10 From: Harrison, OH Member No.: 12,505 Region Association: None |
Ah hell I knew I should of brought it with me home. No I don't have it and Im not going back to work, Im leaving on vacation in a few hours. I mixed it in sherwin williams bc/cc though. Ill see if I can manage to get it for you. Are you set with using limco? Just call a different supply store and see what they can do for you.
|
| Andyrew |
Aug 3 2011, 09:22 AM
Post
#100
|
|
Spooling.... Please wait ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,381 Joined: 20-January 03 From: Riverbank, Ca Member No.: 172 Region Association: Northern California
|
We have tried calling but no one seems to have the ratio..
Yes were setup with Limco. Heres it in the sun. This bluish effect is just my camera, the color is more green than the pic shows. Attached image(s)
|
![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 3rd October 2026 - 04:57 PM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |