Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It runs !!!!!! only a few weeks late for WCC,, it's only been a year I think :)
fly
post Jun 21 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,119

Glad to hear it!
It looks like cleaning the garage and finding all your tools paid off.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Congrats

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 21 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

hey Mike, thanks for helping me hang the doors....I told Sherryl my plans for the interior (w/blue) and she didn't freak out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cool, now that you have that out of the way it's time to start thinking about an engine conversion for it

I've been trying...I keep getting out bid on eBay....not sure if that is good or bad, hahahaha
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jun 21 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #23

neo life

Member No.: 159

Mike,
Did you figure out where those left over parts and screws go? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Good job but I'm gonna miss your anxiety posts.
Felix
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 21 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #24

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Way to go Mike. Now, let's keep this one running, so you have stress relief during your NEXT project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

We're all proud of ya!

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 22 2004, 09:32 PM
Post #25

914 Freak!

update.....I added a 0.22µf capacitor to the ignition input side of the Megasquirt, solved my problems.....turn the key, and within just a few revolutions, car starts right up...no need to touch the throttle at all....vrooooooommmmmmm
+Quote Post
fiid
post Jun 23 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #26

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

Excellent work.
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 23 2004, 07:06 AM
Post #27

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Way to go Mike. Feels great when it works for the first time. My MS is 16 months old and has never had a problem. Once you get them together I think they are darn near bullet proof. The only challenges are keeping them cool and DRY.

Dave
+Quote Post
3d914
post Jun 23 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Mike,

Can you share your engine configuration and MS setup parameters with us? I'd like to see how they compare.

Always looking for something else that can be tweeked a little more.

TIA
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 23 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #29

914 Freak!

Gerard,

I started off with the same configurations as Dave Hunts programming. (see his website, they are under Screen Shots of Constants )

He has a fast idle circut, I do not and right now the weather is perfect so no need for it.

My engine is a 1.8 (~8.15:1 compression) with stock 2.0 heads.

2.0 intake, 2.0 throttle body, 1.8 injectors (refrub'd, but will be replaced with 2.0 injectors when the turbo gets installed)

I'm still playing around with the enrichments for acceleration, I can vary the amount of fuel depending on how fast I hit the throttle.

I felt safe using Daves parameters since his motor is a 2.0 and I thought it ran great when I drove it at the WCC, mine should be just as nice. When I test it with an O2 sensor, I'll know better how close I am. Car is still up on jack stands without axles installed so I have not been able to put a load on the engine to see how well it performs. I think it's going to move along pretty darn well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

What is nice is that with the MS, you can save your current setup file, change parameters and if you don't like them, just a few mouse clicks and you have your original settings...

I'm going to install the crankfire ignition before the turbo...I still have to make the trigger wheel (modify the Ford unit) and with the way my projects go, that'll be a few more months, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 24 2004, 07:50 AM
Post #30

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Nike

I did a thread with the sensor and trigger wheel. Iyou already have the trigger wheel from an EDIS car, the wheel itself can be removed with heat from the harmonic balancer/pulley. I had a small step cut into the trigger wheel to adjust the offset, then I drilled and tapped it for bolts. I had a piece of chromoly mahined to fit the trigger wheel and it was drilled to correspond to the fan hub. the whole thing fits between the fan and fan hub instead of the stock washer. The VR sensor is mounted to the back of the fan shroud under the oil cooler.

Dave
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:51 PM