Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Djet question, idle adj. screw
Java2570
post Jul 21 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,035
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 74 2.0L with stock Djet EFI and have a question Re: idle adjustment screw.
Is it normal or abnormal to hear the air slightly hissing when you increase the idle adjustment screw? It seems to become noticeably louder when I have it at about halfway out. It does seem to adjust the idle but it isn't super sensitive like I've read it should be; could I have a leak in the plenum or elsewhere? I have replaced all of my vacuum hoses and feel pretty good about them not leaking in general....however, I'm unsure about the intake plenum and throttle body gasket. I don't seem to have any real problems with high idle or idle hunting but was concerned about the idle screw hissing a bit. Thanks for the help!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 21 2011, 07:48 AM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Java2570 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:18 AM) *

I have a 74 2.0L with stock Djet EFI and have a question Re: idle adjustment screw.
Is it normal or abnormal to hear the air slightly hissing when you increase the idle adjustment screw? It seems to become noticeably louder when I have it at about halfway out. It does seem to adjust the idle but it isn't super sensitive like I've read it should be; could I have a leak in the plenum or elsewhere? I have replaced all of my vacuum hoses and feel pretty good about them not leaking in general....however, I'm unsure about the intake plenum and throttle body gasket. I don't seem to have any real problems with high idle or idle hunting but was concerned about the idle screw hissing a bit. Thanks for the help!!

Normal
+Quote Post
kkid
post Jul 21 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,483
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:48 AM) *

Normal

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

your ears are normal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Java2570
post Jul 21 2011, 10:08 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,035
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(kkid @ Jul 21 2011, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:48 AM) *

Normal

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

your ears are normal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

OK, thanks guys!! That makes me feel better!
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jul 21 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #5

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Its an Idle Air Bypass screw.
The more its open, the more air flows past the screw.

the screw is shaped like a cone, so the air will hiss going past it.

rich
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:30 PM