Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Djet question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Java2570
I have a 74 2.0L with stock Djet EFI and have a question Re: idle adjustment screw.
Is it normal or abnormal to hear the air slightly hissing when you increase the idle adjustment screw? It seems to become noticeably louder when I have it at about halfway out. It does seem to adjust the idle but it isn't super sensitive like I've read it should be; could I have a leak in the plenum or elsewhere? I have replaced all of my vacuum hoses and feel pretty good about them not leaking in general....however, I'm unsure about the intake plenum and throttle body gasket. I don't seem to have any real problems with high idle or idle hunting but was concerned about the idle screw hissing a bit. Thanks for the help!!
76-914
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:18 AM) *

I have a 74 2.0L with stock Djet EFI and have a question Re: idle adjustment screw.
Is it normal or abnormal to hear the air slightly hissing when you increase the idle adjustment screw? It seems to become noticeably louder when I have it at about halfway out. It does seem to adjust the idle but it isn't super sensitive like I've read it should be; could I have a leak in the plenum or elsewhere? I have replaced all of my vacuum hoses and feel pretty good about them not leaking in general....however, I'm unsure about the intake plenum and throttle body gasket. I don't seem to have any real problems with high idle or idle hunting but was concerned about the idle screw hissing a bit. Thanks for the help!!

Normal
kkid
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:48 AM) *

Normal

agree.gif

your ears are normal biggrin.gif
Java2570
QUOTE(kkid @ Jul 21 2011, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:48 AM) *

Normal

agree.gif

your ears are normal biggrin.gif

OK, thanks guys!! That makes me feel better!
r_towle
Its an Idle Air Bypass screw.
The more its open, the more air flows past the screw.

the screw is shaped like a cone, so the air will hiss going past it.

rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.