Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should the door latch be zinc?
PanelBilly
post Jul 23 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Both the part on the body and the part on the door. Should they be zinc coated? The inside of the door assembly is zinc but the part you see isn't. Did it just wear off. And the unit that screws to the door jam that has the rubber on it. Should that be zinc?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jul 23 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Bill, the arm mechanism, the latches on both the door and door jam are a Clear Zinc. They look silvery. The unit with the rubber boot that screws into the door jam I seen 3 different ways.. can't verify if each part was "Factory" correct. The ones that are still availble are that dark yellowish zinc color. My 73 had black plastic with a different type of wiring set up. My current 74 has them in a clear zinc. The screws on the 74 are a dark yellowish zinc. Here's a link you can poke around in of the past cars. Should show the door jams in detail. http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/t...;cpZZ3QQtppZZ16

There's quite a few albulms.. the red car has a close up of that, and so does the white one.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:58 PM