Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So I just got back from the Long Winding Road, Now I've got problems.
rohar
post Jul 24 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,685
Region Association: None

This weekend was the dumbest thing to happen to road racing at Spokane in like, ever. The ChumpCar 24 hours at Spokane "The long and winding road" just finished. I volunteered to help the staff and managed to stay awake for about 15 hours of it. It was glorious! Only 5 cars thrashed (4 rollovers and 1 fire all self inflected). Best value for track time I've seen. 24hrs for under $1k.

Here's the problem, car's mid way through the Audi engine conversion, and I was planning on making it a street car. Talking to the staff, it looks like I can squeek it into chump racing. If I gave up on streeting it, I could easily run it in ICSCC and SCCA as well.

The conversion would go MUCH quicker if I just didn't have to think about interior finish, perfect paint etc. and lord knows I'm tired of having a garage ornament. Thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
okieflyr
post Jul 24 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #2

9fauxteen

Member No.: 3,426
Region Association: North East States

I enjoyed mine enough to put it back on the street, and now I get alot more of the enjoyable seat time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
rohar
post Jul 24 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,685

I understand okieflyr, but I work from home so there's not much seat time other than the track (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) That said, if someone would let me run a 24 hour race in a 220hp 914 against Nissans and VWs, I'm not sure how I can resist. I'm thinking caging is in my future.
+Quote Post
NORD
post Jul 28 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,756
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Sounds like you need 2 914 then the best of both worlds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 4 2011, 09:32 AM
Post #5

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

QUOTE(NORD @ Jul 28 2011, 05:35 PM) *

Sounds like you need 2 914 then the best of both worlds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This is why I am building a street car with ALL features I would want for street. My 2nd 914 is my AX & street car. I run DSP with SCCA and while it holds it own pretty well I have held off doing anymore to take it to the limits of DSP because I still want it to be a street car. With the 2nd 914 as the street car I won't have that issue anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Aug 4 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #6

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Ductech
post Aug 4 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 11,949
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I third the statement made by the good Nord. besides 914's are like a virus, you'll be dissapointed that you can't just go torture your spleen thru a corner on your way to (insert everyday place like work,corner mart, court date for speeding) and you might be tempted enough to strap some lights and a plate back on if you only have a trackcar. Just sayin, I couldn't wait in between track time, I need my 914 time near every day lately.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 05:15 AM