Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back on the road again
ericread
post Jul 30 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #1

The Viper Blue 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

Ok, about four months ago I purchased two new front brake assemblies, front struts and rear shocks, and a replacement master cylinder (I had replaced the rear brake assemblies from PMB last summer). Once I started the project, all hell broke loose at work. Today, four months later, I finally bled the brake lines (using about a gallon of brake fluid) and put my 914 back on the road.

Working with Eric Shea over at PMB, we decided to go for the 19mm master cylinder, and he quickly provided me all of the other parts for my project.

On my test drive I was a bit worried as my brakes weren't really grabbing all that well. But remembering Eric’s instructions to properly re-bed the brakes and not to be afraid to stomp on the brake pedal, I headed out on a test drive/brake bedding process. Once I completed that process, the brakes are amazing. And as a result of me being really cheap these past five years, this is the first time I have driven on all new shocks and struts.

Anyway, I’m still sporting an ear-to-ear grin from my drive this afternoon. Thanks Mr. Shea!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
strawman
post Jul 31 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,624
Region Association: Central California

Attaboy! Enjoy it!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:05 PM