Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back on the road again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
Ok, about four months ago I purchased two new front brake assemblies, front struts and rear shocks, and a replacement master cylinder (I had replaced the rear brake assemblies from PMB last summer). Once I started the project, all hell broke loose at work. Today, four months later, I finally bled the brake lines (using about a gallon of brake fluid) and put my 914 back on the road.

Working with Eric Shea over at PMB, we decided to go for the 19mm master cylinder, and he quickly provided me all of the other parts for my project.

On my test drive I was a bit worried as my brakes weren't really grabbing all that well. But remembering Eric’s instructions to properly re-bed the brakes and not to be afraid to stomp on the brake pedal, I headed out on a test drive/brake bedding process. Once I completed that process, the brakes are amazing. And as a result of me being really cheap these past five years, this is the first time I have driven on all new shocks and struts.

Anyway, I’m still sporting an ear-to-ear grin from my drive this afternoon. Thanks Mr. Shea!

driving.gif

strawman
Attaboy! Enjoy it!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.