Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCC 2005 #4, Car Events
Would you rather?
Would you rather?
Attend a big Porsche Event [ 17 ] ** [19.32%]
Join another club's AX [ 23 ] ** [26.14%]
Rent a Track for the day and put on our own event [ 48 ] ** [54.55%]
Total Votes: 88
Guests cannot vote 
SLITS
post Jul 1 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #41

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

QUOTE(skline @ Jul 1 2004, 01:57 PM)
Well, if nothing else, the sense of humor is way high here. I think an event with everyone having a good time and laughing, will be something everyone will remember. Howard, I bow to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) you in respect for your diligence and purserverence to find us a track to run our cars and have a great time. I dont care how warm it gets as I can drink a lot of fluids and we can bring some of the old fire extinguishers filled with water to hose the girls off when they look too dry. With it being warm adn all the women will be wearing less and that will add an appeal to most of the male members anyway, I know I would like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

This I will guarantee - if it's 110+ you can't drink enough water/gatorade/powerade to stay cool and if you don't bring your own shade, there isn't any (or wasn't). Running around nude doesn't even help.

I hope the hell the wind isn't blowing either - you'll have one hell of a time seeing anything thru the sand/dust storm.

I've also been there when it was so effin cold, your feet/hands freeze and you're ready to set the car on fire for warmth.

That said, it is a wonderful track and fun to drive/race it. Just don't minimize the extremes that exist there. If you catch a good day, it is beautiful (if you like the desert).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914werke
post Jul 1 2004, 06:48 PM
Post #42

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Group: Members
Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Any possibility that the 06 PNW team could be setting up a venue NOW for WCC 06?

Is that true. Jeff have you ar any of the other team looked into PNW tracks for 05? SRP We run bikes on and is generally used for Drags. Its obviously off the beaten path and as such would imagine might still have reasonable dates available. Downside is its 5Hrs from real civilization! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
The + side is its a GREAT track! and relitivley cheap.
If need be yes Ill step up and aid the effort.
What else have I got to do but travel the states, run and IT dept., raise two kids keep and 914 runing ect ect....waiter a little more Whine please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
DrifterJay
post Jul 1 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #43

I break stuff...

Group: Members
Member No.: 737
Region Association: None

cmon...its not hot....if I go to Iraq in december...I will come back on RandR for the WCC 05....it will be coldl...!!! I vote track... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Jul 1 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #44

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

You might look into California Speedway also. I have attended several events that the porsche club put on and there was racing on the track plus there was another group AX in one of the parking lots, mostly ricers and they were going to have street drags that night. there is also Irwindale speed way to look into.

Bernie
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jul 5 2004, 08:19 AM
Post #45

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Bump... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 11:57 AM