Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone in the Portland area willing to do a PPI on a 993?
rohar
post Aug 2 2011, 08:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,685
Region Association: None

The boss is shopping, gonna pull the trigger in the next 2 weeks. The car seems in good shape but would like to have some trustworthy eyes on the thing before I tell him to run down there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Aug 2 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #2

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I'm happy to go do a look/see. However, I'd recommend that he have someone like A & P Specialties, Marque Motors or Motor Sports International do a PPI. I have had great experiences with all (MSI did a PPI on my 914 6 conversion for the new buyer in england. I think it ran him about $100.00.) Who knows, maybe the car has a service history at one of the shops anyway.

If the current owner is hesitant to accommodate delivery & pick up at one of these shops to facilitate a PPI, I'd be a little worried.

FYI - MSI found that I had a ball joint that looked bad, so I replaced it while there. Seemed the prudent thing to do since the car was in such good shape and going to england.

I have Allen at A & P do all the work that I can't (or don't want to ) do myself. He is great and I highly recommend him.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 2 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #3

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

I second A&P. Allen is a good guy and very knowledgeable. Used to be a factory mechanic when Gateway Porsche was still arround, went out on his own after.

503-254-7310
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:27 PM