Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in the Portland area willing to do a PPI on a 993?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rohar
The boss is shopping, gonna pull the trigger in the next 2 weeks. The car seems in good shape but would like to have some trustworthy eyes on the thing before I tell him to run down there.
BKLA
I'm happy to go do a look/see. However, I'd recommend that he have someone like A & P Specialties, Marque Motors or Motor Sports International do a PPI. I have had great experiences with all (MSI did a PPI on my 914 6 conversion for the new buyer in england. I think it ran him about $100.00.) Who knows, maybe the car has a service history at one of the shops anyway.

If the current owner is hesitant to accommodate delivery & pick up at one of these shops to facilitate a PPI, I'd be a little worried.

FYI - MSI found that I had a ball joint that looked bad, so I replaced it while there. Seemed the prudent thing to do since the car was in such good shape and going to england.

I have Allen at A & P do all the work that I can't (or don't want to ) do myself. He is great and I highly recommend him.
Mikey914
I second A&P. Allen is a good guy and very knowledgeable. Used to be a factory mechanic when Gateway Porsche was still arround, went out on his own after.

503-254-7310
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.